I’m working on a project, porting an AS3 AIR app to Haxe/OpenFL, and was quite happy when you bumped the version to 8, noticed that a lot of bugs have been fixed, thanks for that.
However I’m having a weird issue with filters (currently using only GlowFilter) on imported MovieClips with more than one frame. Please take a look at the attached image. In OpenFL 7, everything looks fine, but in 8 (even with the latest 8.1.1) frames are getting duplicated on gotoAndStop(), and weird ghosting of previous frames and filters appear. This issue is present on HTML5 and Windows targets as well (did not test the rest yet). I tried the recommended
-Dopenfl-disable-gl-cacheasbitmap but it didn’t really help, the issue is still present. I assume it has something to do with the newly implemented filter caching.
- The filter is put globally on the imported MovieClip (not on the frame graphics)
- There’s no manual forced cacheAsBitmap in the code, but even with that enabled the result is the same
- As I progress through the frames manually the ghosting effect even gets weirder, even more blurry remains of previous frames and filters (see “frame 3” at the bottom part of the image)
filters=nullfixes the issue, but I need the glow effect for this project, so it’s not really an option
- If I switch back to OpenFL7 everything goes back to normal
- The issue is present on CAIRO and OpenGL as well
Can anyone please advise?
Thanks a lot!