Openfl test windows hangs on __resources__.cpp

Hello all,

I have seen this post: Build hangs on ___resources__.cpp? but I think a lot has changed since then, and there’s no solution in there really.

I am having trouble compiling a new, empty openfl project with the command:

openfl test windows 

It takes a very long time, I am not sure it even ever completes because I haven’t left it running for more than about half an hour once it gets to this point. The process is still doing work, the task manager says it’s using about 30% of one of my cores.

- src/lime/app/Module.cpp  [haxe,release]
 - src/lime/app/IModule.cpp
 - src/__boot__.cpp
 - C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/hxcpp/3,4,188/src/hx/NoFiles.cpp
 - src/__resources__.cpp # Waits here, seemingly forever...

Haxe: 3.4.4
C++: Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.4974 (Came from openfl setup windows cmd)

These are my (relevant) installed libs:

• hxcpp: [3.4.188]
  • lime: [6.0.1]
  • openfl: [7.0.0]
  • swf: [2.3.1]

I’ve used OpenFl a bunch over the years but have never seen this before.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Okay I left it running from the time I started writing the initial post and it just finished.
The app seems to be running just fine, but that was like an hour and a half to test a window build of an empty application - way too long.

I dont know what causes that but, if you put an image like png on the assets/img folder from your project it will compile in 5 minutes, but if you let that folder empty it will take like 40 minutes

This is fixed by using a newer Visual Studio C++ compiler, based on my knowledge of the issue

Hey! I confronted the same problem yesterday and solved it :wink: as singmajesty said, you need newer Visual Studio C++, and also to get hxcpp up to the git version. Hope this helps :slight_smile:

1 Like