I am having problem with URLLoader, on Flash it works fine, but on Windows target loading never ends http://pastebin.com/xvvqrsqs
I put the files in the bin folder in both flash and windows/cpp folders
Okay I tried calling addEventListener before load, but it didn’t change anything, it still never completes.
Like I said, on Flash it all works fine with the same code.
Maybe the files I am trying to load are at wrong place ?
For Windows they are in bin/windows/cpp/bin/data/scripts ( the .exe file is in bin/windows/cpp/bin )
And this is the path I am trying to load :
public static var TextChaptersDefinitions:String = “data/scripts/_chapters.txt”;
I tried changing the art without compiling after, but the art in SWF file didn’t change.
This means I cannot use Assets system for this since writer needs to be able to change the stuff without compiling it. I cannot send him the source code.
It would be great if same system would be used both for Flash and Windows, so if I don’t find solution that works for above problem, I will try File.getContent. The whole code is already built around working with URLLoaders.
Usually for testing I compile to SWF because testing for Windows takes a lot of time and testing in Neko is not possible because there is lot of stuff going on the screen.
Oh I see, well that’s because the swf file include the text files, so you don’t actually edit them, therefor nothing changed.
But on the html5, neko and desktop targets the files are next to the executable (or js file for html5), so if you edit them it’ll work without having to recompile.
I’m talking about files in bin/windows/bin/data/ not data/ (or assets/data, don’t know how you called it).
If you want you can do openfl update windows which will update the assets next to the executable from your project assets.