My project wasn’t performing as well as I wanted it to work. I spent a week trying to prematurely optimize, switch ECS library, to no avail. Until I decided to write a custom benchmark with all ECS’s, only to find none of them are good enough for me. Then I decided to write “pure” control sample, pretty much the same as BunnyMark. I didn’t have a problem with rendering 8-10k bunnies using BunnyMark, but for some reason my project stuttered just after 1500 objects. After hxscout didn’t yield much help, I compared BunnyMark and my code, just to find this in my
<window width="750" height="400" fps="60" hardware="false" vsync="false" antialiasing="4" />
I copied this snippet a long time ago, without thinking twice about it. But
hardware="false" made all the difference! So, there’s that: never copy stuff blindly and expect it to work flawelessly.