Window build not runing under windows platform

Could you try some samples with Openfl 3.3.1 & Openfl-samples 3.1.0

Sample addinganimation is working without any issues, exe built.

Glad to hear that, now Lime 2.6.2 is not yet ready for cross-compile (linux-windows) so you got to edit

haxedir/lib/lime/2,6,2/lime/tools/platforms/WindowsPlatform.hx

if (project.targetFlags.exists ("neko") || project.target != PlatformHelper.hostPlatform) {

targetType = "neko";

} else if (project.targetFlags.exists ("nodejs")) {

targetType = "nodejs";

} else {

targetType = "cpp";

}

with this one

if (project.targetFlags.exists ("neko")) {

targetType = "neko";

} else if (project.target != PlatformHelper.hostPlatform && PlatformHelper.hostPlatform != Platform.LINUX){

targetType = "neko";

} else if (project.targetFlags.exists ("nodejs")) {

targetType = "nodejs";

} else {

targetType = "cpp";

}

then do,

haxelib run lime rebuild tools

you could be able to cross-compile some samples through

haxelib run openfl build windows -32

by the way, dont forget to copy some dll files from SampleName/Export/windows/cpp/obj to your SampleName/Export/windows/cpp/obj directory.

wait I did it on latest lime as on 2.6.2 there were issues like openfl stage.hx:23 require lime.ui.joystick

if you want me to do tests, using latest lime then I can try :slight_smile:

You should have Openfl 3.3.1 I guess that is the compatible one, Openfl-samples 3.1.0 and Lime 2.6.2, I have not yet checked the Latest Lime, so, I don’t know what could cause the stage.hx problem.

Understood I will have to download 3.3.1 as I have samples 3.1.0 I can use them. I just have to go outside for few hours. I will update you as I will test them using:

openfl 3.3.1
openfl sample 3.1.0
lime 2.6.2

:slightly_smiling:

The error is in the project or Haxe UI, not the version of Lime

I think I might have found what might cause “Mingw Root not found” could we test this? Unfortunately I dont have a Win virtual nearby.

How to do it ?

I can do it using my machine, no problem :slight_smile:

Rebuild has error:

C:\project\AddingAnimation>haxelib run lime rebuild tools
C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib/lime/2,6,2/lime/tools/platforms/WindowsPlatform.hx:43: c
haracters 99-107 : Unknown identifier : Platform

@singmajesty I agree there may be issue with haxeui as I had issues with haxeui before see here: Github Issue also code is similar as shared skeleton.zip

I almost forgot, add this to the import of WindowsPlatform.hx

import lime.project.Platform;

Some Lime dll files may be missing, it can be easily copied from Lime folder, but this could be automated by editing lime/project/ProjectXMLParser.hx

add this to the imports:

import lime.project.Platform;

then replace:

if (targetFlags.exists ("neko") || (platformType == DESKTOP && target != PlatformHelper.hostPlatform)) {

with

if (targetFlags.exists ("neko") || (platformType == DESKTOP && target != PlatformHelper.hostPlatform && PlatformHelper.hostPlatform != Platform.LINUX)) {

Finally: haxelib run lime rebuild tools

I think there is an issue with current version of hxcpp / haxe… what versions are you using?

Did the skeleton project i sent work?

Can you try with the latest version of haxeui 1.8.5 - it should be fixed there now.

1 Like