Why would a child on a sprite get scaled by it self ?!

Hello

I am using latest openFL and lime version in a HTML5 targeted project, I notice that when I do a change on a display object, it would affect its size, although I am not modifying size or scale.

For example, this is a text box inside a sprite:
Screen Shot 2023-07-02 at 9.35.17 AM

If I add a border to it at run time, it will show as:
Screen Shot 2023-07-02 at 9.36.12 AM

Same is true for a MovieClip generated from a SWF file, that has a inner child, if I rotate or colorTransform the inner child, it will case a scale for the child and view it into the upper left quarter of the original size.

Notice that it was working properly on earlier version of Lime OpenFL, but unfortunately I did not write down the versions of ( Haxe, Lime and OpenFL ) that were not affected by this issue.

Any one has any recommendation how to solve this issue?
Also, for a pre compiled file, how can I check which lime/openFL version its built with?

Hi Samir,
I don’t have a direct answer to your questions unfortunately but I wanted to mention that after some hesitation I started using Lix to manage my libraries, and it has been valuable. It is easy to use and locks down the versions of Haxe and its libraries so you can get a better idea of what went wrong with particular versions when upgrades occur.

Thanks @Confidant , but what to do now?
If I can know which libraries the project used provided the build output that would be great.

Its hard to guess used version of haxe, openFL, Lime and swf that I used before the issue started to happen :pensive:

I have a project which was locked on OpenFL 8.9.5 and Lime 7.6.3 for a long time because of their stability. Perhaps you could try to downgrade to those versions, then keep incrementing OpenFL till it has the trouble again? OpenFL will report if the Lime version is incompatible.

1 Like

Thank you, I have finally solved the issue, I am writing the versions below to not lose them again!

actuate: [1.8.9]
assetsmanager: [1.2.0]
box2d: [1.2.3]
cereal: [0.0.4]
crashdumper: [git]
feathersui: [1.0.0-beta.5]
firetonge: [git]
firetongue: [2.0.0]
format: [3.5.0]
haxelib_client: [3.2.0-rc.3]
hscript: [2.4.0]
hxargs: [3.0.2]
hxcpp: [4.2.1]
hxp: [1.2.1]
layout: [1.2.1]
lime: [7.9.0]
mlib: [2.0.3]
mloader: [2.2.5]
msignal: [1.2.5]
openfl: [9.2.0]
stablexui: [1.2.4]
svg: [1.1.3]
swf: [3.2.0]

haxe version: 4.2.5

Congrats! It is interesting to see into your toolbox also.
Was any particular library at fault?

Thank you, I suspect openfl and lime, but not sure which one of them caused the issue.
Now I am trying to solve this !