Video Tutorials for OpenFL

Hello, everyone.

I am currently creating a tutorial series for OpenFL, in particular, and then once I have more in-depth knowledge on macros and other such features of Haxe then I will probably move onto that and more Haxe-specific libraries. There is so much to learn, but for now it’s just going to be OpenFL tutorials.

I am going to be creating an RPG to start things off, in the form of a JRPG, as I feel that is the best way to show off everything that OpenFL can do.

The series starts with Getting Started with OpenFL and Haxe, and goes on from there through a playlist, currently at six videos. This is, of course, for people who learn better with a visual aid versus purely text-based.

Let me know what you think, and thanks for giving it a whirl. :wink:

2 Likes

Hey great job! I am excited to check out your video series. This should make it easier to get devs interested in openfl.

Thanks! I added them to the OpenFL YouTube channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClhl_4TcG3dQa2tClMmsnJg/featured

1 Like

That’s awesome! Thanks :smile:

Just in case you were wondering, this tutorial series is going to form a project called RPGFL (see what I did there?) to create an RPG engine using purely OpenFL (and some msignals).

Oh, by the way, you may want to reverse the order of the playlist, because YouTube doesn’t have functionality to do it for viewers, only the author of the playlist can do it. Unless there is some mysterious button that I don’t know about.

Yeah, I wasn’t sure if it should be a custom order, or oldest to newest, the playlist has a couple different tutorial series, but I understand it might not be as valuable to see the last tutorial video first :wink: