TextField memory leak on Windows

Hello guys!

I decided to create all my new games using OpenFL. Some of my games are Point’n Click and they require some text on screen. I’m using OpenFL 3.1.2, Lime 2.4.8, Haxe 3.1.3 and hxcpp 3.2.102. I’m generating a Windows version of a simple app and whenever I add a TextField in the Main Class (Sprite) the game eats memory like there is no tomorrow!

Any thoughts? Should I need to upgrade everything?

Thanks in Advance

PS: As a side note, the same app on Android doesn’t display images, even low-res (1024x768) ones.

Please try upgrading and let me know if you see the same issue

You can also use -Dlegacy when building for Windows (like openfl test windows -Dlegacy) to use the older OpenFL 2 native libraries

Please let me know, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi!

You can also use -Dlegacy when building for Windows (like openfl test windows -Dlegacy) to use the older OpenFL 2 native libraries

Even after upgrading the libraries, the leak continues. However after the -Dlegacy option the leak is gone.

Thank you! I’ll add that option in my project.xml

Looks like cairo resources are leaking on openfl-next.
They does not seem to be released when TextFields get removed from Stage.

Thanks guys! :smile:

Turns out, the “find font” logic would end up generating default _serif type fonts repeatedly instead of caching. My mistake. This is now fixed in the repository, stay tuned for the next release

OpenFL 3.2.1 has just been released :success:

Unfortunately the problem still persists with openfl 3.2.1.