Hell OpenFL devs, I’ve been working on an Infinite scroll solution for Mobile for a few weeks now.
I’ve tried just about everything to update text reasonably fast.
So First Changing the text of a Cachedbitmap does nothing.
moving non cachedbitmap text fields is not possible performance wise for more then 2-3 text fields.
Text inside a Cachedbitmap display object container is the only workaround I’ve found that works somewhat well.
Keep in mind I’ve set mouse enabled, tab enabled and selectable to false. and word wrap true. Also have a default text format.
So my questions are as Followed.
- Would Static Text be a better route to go and if so how do I use it?
- Possible way to async create the bitmap data of a textfield?
- Embed fonts vs non which one has better performance.
- Possible in anyway to draw TextField via GPU
- Way to call for a re draw of the TextField.
Thanks for reading.