Submarine Duel (2 players)

Hi,

I’ve made another app using HaxeFlixel. It’s called Submarine Duel, it is for two players and you can get it here:
Google Play
iOS
Amazon

Enjoy!

2 Likes

Hey I installed it on my phone, but it doesn’t get past the “Ugly Pixels” screen. I let it run for half a minute or so, but no change.

I’m using an Android phone, it’s actually Fairphone OS which extends regular Android OS. I’ve pretty rarely had issues with other games.

Is there a way I could get an error log or something maybe, to see what the issue is and send it to you?

During the logo it tries to connect to third parties but it should continue if there are connection errors. You can take a look at what logcat has to say. Thanks!

Ah it works if I’m connected, indeed.

If I can make some time then I’ll try logcat

Here’s the logcat from opening the game to when it’s stuck: https://gist.github.com/cactusanctuary/87e12a9e62116caabeefc73fc70f6162.js

I see 2 errors in it:

• Line 414: java.lang.SecurityException: WifiService: Neither user 10098 nor current process has android.permission.CHANGE_WIFI_STATE.
  • Line 672: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Requested window android.os.BinderProxy@4169d340 does not exist – this is followed by a WIN DEATH

Let me know if you have a possible fix :slight_smile:

Thanks!

The first error - I don’t know where it came from. I don’t have this permission in the manifest but my game doesn’t try to change wifi state, also none of the extensions or third-party apis want to do that afaik. This error might not be the one crashing the app but it might be an answer to other problems I’ve been experiencing in my apps, thanks!
The second exception seems to close the app but it could be triggered by the user. Few questions for you if you’d like to help:

1. Does this exception come up while the game is running or after you press ‘back’ or ‘home’?
  2. In Settings -> Developer Options do you have the “Don’t keep activities” checked or unchecked?
  3. This Fairphone OS, what version is it?
  4. Did you have similar problems with other OpenFL games/apps?
  5. Do you have some domains blacklisted in the DNS (looks like Tapjoy cannot connect because of that)

Thanks!