Std static linking in lime

Hello!

I am trying to create a static library for iOS and I need to link the standard library statically. I know there are options for that in gcc like -static-libgcc and -static-libstdc++, but I am unsure how I could achieve a similar outcome with lime.

I guess my main problem is that I do not understand the build process well enough and I haven’t been able to find much documentation. I am running “lime rebuild myProject ios”, maybe there is some flag for it? I haven’t found any documentation about it.

I’m not even sure that Lime supports the concept of building a library project. As far as I can tell the current iOS template is made so that you can compile and link a single application.
You would probably need a different kind of Xcode project template to achieve what you’re trying to do.

Maybe @singmajesty can help you with this.

Are you creating an application, or a library? if a library, do you want just Lime, or Lime plus your own Haxe code? I am not sure if HXCPP supports compiling Haxe code to only a library, otherwise, what is the benefit of static linking the libc version? Is this something to do with different OS versions?

I’m just guessing, but I suppose he wants to distribute his library (his code + Lime) in binary format so that he doesn’t have to share the sources.

iOS doesn’t support dynamic libraries so it’s got to be statically linked. But that’s just guessing :slight_smile: