Starling Mac iOS target Movieclip does not animate only works on neko and html5

So it looks like while developing on a mac if you export to iOS or Mac targets movieclips do not animate. Neko and HTML5 work fine. Basically what happens is the animated movieclip does not run the animated texture in the vector the asset simply slides across the screen without running the character’s walk animation. Is anyone else experiencing this with staling?

openfl: 2.2.4 3.6.1 4.0.0 4.4.0 4.4.1 4.5.1 4.5.2 4.7.3 [4.8.1]
lime: 2.0.6 2.8.3 2.9.1 3.4.0 3.4.1 3.5.2 [3.7.2]
starling: 1.8.0 1.8.1 1.8.2 1.8.3 1.8.4 [1.8.7]

Everything is working with the latest Starling, Lime and OpenFL on my Mac, here.

I’m using development versions, but try openfl upgrade and see if the latest haxelib works properly for you.

I am still seeing the issue on my end. Basicallly the movie clips are stuck on frame 1. Telling the MC to play does not start the animation. I can’t seem to find why it’s doing that. Interestingly neko and html5 targets play the movie clip frames just fine. CPP and Mac don’t.

So figured out why this is happening. In my game I am contantantly check what the object’s state is whether it’s attacking or walking via an onFrame event. The this causes the movie clip to stop on the first frame and it does not go to the next frame. I am at a loss at the moment as to how I can set animation states since setting and checking the state with event.ENTER_FRAME is causing a conflct with starling’s movieClip. Any suggestions?

Is it a port of an ActionScript that was working before with Starling? How is your code conflicting with the Starling ENTER_FRAME?

It is not a port. When I use on enter frame to check the current status of the NPC or the player the animation freezes on frame one and does not play the rest of the frames. If I stick to triggering events without using on enter frame the animation play without any problems. I wrote a different method without using on enterframe and it is working fine now on iOS, CPP, and MAC targets. On Neko and HTML5 onEnterFrame works fine without any problems.

Very strange. Do you think it would be hard to come up with a simple example that reproduces this? Thank you!

Sure, I will try and put some code together when I get a chance.