Starling DisplacementMapFilter Broken

Just wanted to bring this to someone’s attention so it hopefully gets escalated, but it appears Starling’s DisplacementMapFilter implementation is broken in OpenFL and has been for quite awhile. I found out the solution from this thread here:

For comparison:

I don’t know if the problem here is the same issue as what Giorgi experienced, but one thing for sure is that Giorgi’s code appears to be the correct implementation of what DisplacementMapFilter should be doing.

I’ve opened up a ticket on Github as well:

Seems like a pretty big issue so it would be great to get some action on this (I’d be happy to open a PR if Giorgi’s code is stable, but I can’t be certain since I don’t understand the diff between the two implementations)

1 Like