Problem with the "Lime Test Windows" command

Hey, as a quick disclaimer,
I am extremely new to coding. In fact, I’ve started only a few days ago. So please forgive me if answer is very clear or if I get some things wrong.

Introduction:
Alright, so I’ve been wanting to code for Kade Engine-Friday Night Funkin’ for a while, and one day, I was ready to finally mod proper mods. (With like coding and stuff)
I have watch 2 tutorials on what necessary programs I need.

Programs/needed components such as:
-Kade Engine (source code)
-Haxe
-Git
-VScode (which was optional)
-Setup.bat (Batch file that was needed to setup certain things in order for the game to run)

Main issues:
Now that that’s out of the way, here’s what problems I have been encountering:
When I try to run “lime test windows” on command prompt it reads:
Error: You must have a “project.xml” file or specify another valid project file when using the ‘test’ command.

I am not sure at all on what’s happening here.
It is even occurring when I installed Lime and Flixel

Another thing to note, is that I actually DO have a project.xml file, it came with the installation of Kade Engine, but I just have no idea how to make windows find it (if that makes sense?)

Anyways, That pretty much concludes the issues I am having with “lime test windows”
Any help will be much appreciated!
Have a good day/evening.

you need to navigate to the folder project.xml is in.
cd C:\path\to\project
then
lime test windows

1 Like

When I ran it, It says, “The system cannot find the path specified.”
what do I do now?
Or did I have to fill those in with different names?

The path needs to be replaced with your own project path.

1 Like

this might help

cd is the “change directory” command

you need to replace “path\to\project” with the actual path

1 Like

How do I exactly do that? (I’m sorry, I’m new to this)

I see you’re trying to create a new project with HaxeFlixel, here is a step-by-step guide how to do it.

1 Like

Go to your source code folder in Windows Explorer (the one with a source folder inside of it), and press Shift+Right click. Click the button that says Open Command Prompt/PowerShell window here and then type the command in there.