OpenFl - Build to Windows errors

I, was just trying out OpenFL examples and was successful to build to html5, android (air), linux, macOS. But when running openfl build windows it errors out giving:

Error: 64bit is not automatically supported for this version of VC. Set HXCPP_MSVC_CUSTOM and manually configure the executable, library and include paths
Error: Error: 64bit is not automatically supported for this version of VC. Set HXCPP_MSVC_CUSTOM and manually configure the executable, library and include paths

What’s happening?
Do I need any other software like MSVC or somethin’ else for building to windows?

btw, some info to note
OpenFL version: latest as of Dec 25, 2022
I have msys2, mingw64 and gcc

You need to setup windows target. Run openfl help setup to see available options. Run openfl setup windows and follow instructions.

isn’t there any other way to build for windows? without msvc?

You can also target neko or hashlink. They not require msvc to compile.

It’s worth mentioning that you can install the “community edition” of Visual Studio, which is free. You don’t need to pay for Visual Studio, if that’s your concern.

Supposedly, it’s possible to use other C++ compilers with Haxe, but I’ve personally never tried it:

On Windows, you can also use gcc -based compilers. A minimal distribution is included in a Haxelib library, and can be installed with haxelib install minimingw .

Source: Getting started with Haxe/C++