OpenFL 5.1 available

Hey everyone,

I’m working on releasing new OpenFL and Lime versions, but I’m having trouble with haxelib at the moment, so I cannot submit it to the server.

In the meantime, I’d like to share the releases here for anyone not currently on development builds already:

Download each, then use haxelib local <name of zip> on each to install it

Here are the change logs for each release:

Please let me know how it works for you, or if you have questions. Thanks :grinning:

UPDATE:

Got it released on haxelib, use openfl upgrade or the above to install. Thanks for your feedback :smile:

4 Likes

Hello,

I wanna try the new version lime 5.0.0 and openfl 5.1.0, but I got this error

If I downgrade it to lower version like lime 4.1.0 and openfl 5.0.0 was fine.

Thanks

There is a bug with .width .height at least in neko/linux - flash/html5 seem to work

var sprite200:Sprite = new Sprite();
    sprite200.graphics.beginFill (0xFFFFFF, 0.4);
    sprite200.graphics.drawRect (0, 0, 200, 200);

var sprite300:Sprite = new Sprite();
    sprite300.graphics.beginFill (0xFFFFFF, 0.4);
    sprite300.graphics.drawRect (0, 0, 300, 300);

var sprite0:Sprite = new Sprite();

trace('---');
    trace("this.width - " + this.width);
    trace('---');
    trace("Sprite0 - " + sprite0.width);
    trace('---');
    trace("Sprite300 - " + sprite300.width);
    trace("Sprite300 - " + sprite300.width);
    trace('---');
    trace("Sprite200 - " + sprite200.width);
    trace("Sprite200 - " + sprite200.width);
    trace('---');
    trace('---');
    trace("this.width - " + this.width);
    trace('---');

results in

this.width - 0
---
Sprite0 - 0
Sprite0 - 0
---
Sprite300 - 300
Sprite300 - 300
---
Sprite200 - 300
Sprite200 - 200
---
Sprite0 - 200
Sprite0 - 200
---
this.width - 200
---

values look ok with Openfl 4.9.2/5.0.0

Try updating to 5.1.1 (just released) and see if it helps, if not, could you share more information about when in the build process this occurs, or if it occurs at runtime, and if at runtime, what may be happening at the time? Does it occur with OpenFL samples?

Thank you for reporting this! We added object pooling, but the pooled objects were not clean in some cases :slight_smile:

Would you mind running openfl upgrade for 5.1.1, just released? This should be resolved :slight_smile:

Problem fixed with 5.1.1!

1 Like

It was because I’m using this dragonbones library : https://github.com/jalbanesi/openfl-dragonbones

Also there is a bug with class SimpleButton.hx on html5 target, If I set the hitTestState = upState it cause the image of the button go to 0, 0 everytime I’m hover the stage.

Is it only since this update, or was it occurring before? Is that with 5.1.1, or 5.1.0? Thanks :slight_smile:

It is since 5.1.0 version

Lime 5.0.1 was just released, which I think would resolve the windows path error you were experiencing before. If you would not mind testing it, I would appreciate it, and I’ll look into SimpleButton

Yes, now fixed for unhandled expection error.

But html5 performance still slower, here’s my comparison (each experiment only load 1 dragonbones nothing else, tested with / without -Dcanvas) :

1. openfl 4.4.1 + lime 3.4.1 + dragonbones jalbanesi : fps not dropped and smooth animation
  2. openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones jalbanesi : fps dropped 50%
  3. openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones 5.0.0 without starling layer : fps dropped 50%

So far number 1 still have great performance if I’m using dragonbones on my games.

I have fullscreen issue, updated from 4.9.2 to 5.1.1 https://ibb.co/nzRCqv

followed this blog https://davidwalsh.name/fullscreen in 4.9.2 worked as expected any advice would be appreciated

Is there anything I can do to reproduce your test? Thanks

sure, here a demo link click upper right button to toggle fullscreen
haxelib list

project XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project>
	<!-- NMML reference: https://gist.github.com/1763850 -->

<!-- metadata, make sure 'package' is at least 3 segments (ie. com.mycompany.myproject) -->
	<meta title="m2_port_HTML5" package="m2portHTML5" version="1.0.0" company="m2 Real Estate" />

<!-- output -->
	<app main="Main" file="m2portHTML5" path="bin" />

<window background="#FFFFFF" fps="60" />
	<window width="960" height="740" unless="mobile" />
	<window orientation="landscape" vsync="false" resizable="true" fullscreen="false" antialiasing="4" unless="mobile" />

<template path="assets/templates/html5/index.html" rename="index.html" if="html5" />

<!-- classpath, haxe libs -->
	<source path="src" />
	<haxelib name="openfl" />
	<haxelib name="actuate" />

<!-- assets -->

<!-- <library path="assets/library.swf" preload="true" /> -->
	<library path="assets/ItemsLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />
	<library path="assets/complexLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />
	<library path="assets/buildingsLibrary.swf"  preload="true" />

<icon path="assets/openfl.svg" />
	<assets path="assets/img" rename="img" />
	<assets path="assets/fonts" rename="fonts" if="html5" />
	<assets path="muiPack" rename="muiPack" />
	<assets path="json" rename="json" />

<!-- optimize output
	<haxeflag name="-dce full" /> -->

</project>

what else do you need I can provide?

Hello, You can use my example source to produce it.

Note : For point 3 - openfl 5.1.1 + lime 5.0.2 + dragonbones 5.0.0 without starling layer : fps dropped 50% (I notice it’s only happen on chrome win 10 64-bit, on chrome win 7-64bit working fine).

Anynews about this? Thanks

Please try adding -Dopenfl-disable-graphics-upscaling, and the following patch:

I believe that makes the versions more comparable.

We should implement a DragonBones armature/factory that uses Tilemap instead of graphics for better performance, and to avoid this

Yes, It’s have a same performance now with the version openfl 4.4.1 and lime 3.4.1. But my dragonbones position become messy.

Also openfl 5.1.2 and lime 5.0.3 there’s a bug with the button for html5 version like I said before.

Can’t wait for the new version of dragonbones :slight_smile:

Openfl 5.1.3 and lime 5.1.0

There’s bug with button again for html5. When I click the button, the button disappear for first time click. (always)

Also sometimes when I hover a button, the image gone a sec for first time than appear again. (not always)