New versions Lime/OpenFL has blurry images

I changed Lime version from 3.5.2 to 4.0.2 and OpenFL version from 4.5.2 to 4.9.1 and I noticed, that some images became blurry. It’s not because of smoothing - even when I don’t use this property, images remain blurred.

Is this HTML5, or another target? Are you using a specific width and height value in project.xml? If so, it will allow CSS scaling of the final canvas

You can also see if openfl test html5 -Dcanvas gives you different results than openfl test html5, as we default to WebGL now, and didn’t before

This is HTML5 target. In project.xml I have sizes only <window width="0" height="0" unless="mobile" />, but it’s not used, because I develop for desktop.

By comliling via command line I had error ‘listen eaddrinuse’, but results are the same - images are blurry. Usually, I compile via FlashDevelop and before, in older versions Lime/OpenFL, I had clear images. Maybe, the reason not in compile mode, maybe something was changed in options in new versions Lime/OpenFL?

Just to confirm, openfl test html5 -Dwebgl and openfl test html5 -Dcanvas look the same, and you can confirm that the canvas is not being scaled by CSS?

I tried compile by
<haxedef name="canvas" if="html5" />
and
<haxedef name="webgl" if="html5" />.
In any case I see blurry images.

If I set real sizes of my application in index.html in lime.embed function, than application resizes when resizing a browser:
lime.embed ("myApp", "openfl-content", 1200, 650, { parameters: {} });
If I set zeros in sizes, than application don’t resize when resizing a browser:
lime.embed ("myApp", "openfl-content", 0, 0, { parameters: {} });

Try <define name="canvas" if="html5" /> or <set name="canvas" if="html5" /><haxedef name="canvas" if="html5" /> if you do it in XML

That is two ways for canvas and two ways for webgl?

First way for canvas is:
<define name="canvas" if="html5" />

Second way for canvas is:
<set name="canvas" if="html5" />

First way for webgl is:
<define name="webgl" if="html5" />
<haxedef name="webgl" if="html5" />

Second way for webgl is:
<set name="webgl" if="html5" />
<haxedef name="webgl" if="html5" />

Did you mean it?

When you use openfl test html5 -Dcanvas (using a command-line), it implies using both <set /> and <haxedef />, or in new versions of Lime, there is a new <define /> tag that applies both.

As a result, you can try:

<define name="canvas" if="html5" />

With the current release, or with either a newer or older release:

<set name="canvas" if="html5" />

This should be the same as using openfl test html5 -Dcanvas

I just tried compile with both cases, but images are blurry as before (2nd case on the screenshot).
As soon as I lower Lime version to 3.5.2 and OpenFL version to 4.5.2, then images are clear (1st case on the screenshot).

Do you know of a test I could run to reproduce what you are seeing? Thank you