Netstream exception while loading a video file

Hi, I’m following theses steps to load a video file:
https://api.openfl.org/openfl/net/NetStream.html

The video is, indeed, loaded, but I always get an exception waring.
At Chrome: Uncaught DOMException: The play() request was interrupted by a new load request.
At Firefox: Uncaught (in promise) DOMException: The fetching process for the media resource was aborted by the user agent at the user’s request.

I tried to put a try/catch while loading the video file (at my netstream.play(media url)) but it seems the exception is found elsewhere. In fact, both Chrome and Firefox tell me the problem is found at NetStream.hx file on line 1625 of OpenFl 9.0.2.

Is this a knwon problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thank you!

This may be caused by calling play() when the stream is already playing. Perhaps there is a place in the NetStream file where the status of the video element could be checked, maybe it is already playing?

Looks like the line is here where it sets the URL:

Perhaps it would be fixed by checking A.) if the URL is already the same or B.) to stop or pause before setting the URL?

I see. I double checked and the problem happens the first time I try to load the file. The correct way to set the netstream file load is calling its “play” method with the file url, right?

I believe so, yes, which is a bit different than VideoElement

Ok, so definetely te problem is happening at the first time I try to load a video file. Just calling netstream.play(url) causes the problem.