Multiple Problems with Android & HTML5

Running Haxe 3.2.0 (since 3.2.1 didn’t work with HaxeUI last I tried)
JDK6 (since it was recommended by OpenFL during the install).

haxeui: 1.8.10 1.8.14 [1.8.16] 1.8.3 1.8.4 1.8.6
hxcpp: [3.2.205]
lime: 2.8.1 2.8.3 [2.9.0]
nme: [5.5.7]
openfl: 3.5.2 3.5.3 [3.6.0]

When compiling for Flash, Windows or Neko - my application works fine. I’ve tried several different applications compiled for Android and they all show black boxes instead of my PNG bitmaps (even old applications that I know worked on Android a year ago).

On top of that, compiling any application to HTML5 dies during compile with an error about Type Not Found js.html.UInt8Array in /HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/2,9,0/lime/utils/UInt8Array.hx:7

Any ideas?

1 Like

Try reinstalling Haxe if the class is not found, also, could you try a different Android device, and see if that works?

Re: HTML5 error…
I tried re-installing Haxe 3.2.0 and now I don’t get the UInt8 error, but I get a different error about
"C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std/js/html/Document.hx:207: characters 1-134 : Type not found : XPathResult"

So… I removed the HaxeToolkit directory and started from scratch, downloaded 3.2.0 and re-installed.
Then I did:
haxelib selfupdate
haxelib install openfl
haxelib run openfl setup
… Downloaded Lime, hxcpp, lime-samples, openfl-samples, actuate, box2d, layout, swf

That seemed to fix the problem with HTMl5. Weird, but thanks!

Re: Android error…
I’m not sure what fixed the problem, I tried too many things simultaneously. Ultimately I think switching the scaling mode to NO_SCALE is what fixed it. Either that or upgrading to Java JDK 7.

1 Like