Has anyone put together a OpenFL tutorial specific for HTML5 targets?
- Is NPM, Bower, Grunt, etc utilized?
- How or when is the JS code minified?
- Can you use OpenFL to deploy JS server only projects: eg: NodeJS server?
- Do people utilized other JS libraries for features like Routes? (AngularJS or EmberJS)?
- What is planned for the future of HTML5 support? (E6 modules? JS classes?)
NPM, Bower, Grunt and other builds are not used, Haxe, Neko, and (optionally) Java (to power Google Closure) are needed to build
If you use -minify, Google Closure will be used, -final will trigger DCE full as well as minification
The code is compatible with Node using the “ndll” module, I assume you could (but would not want to render, I assume)
You should be able to mix with other libraries, use the if you like (to copy additional scripts)
I’d love to see an openfl.js or lime.js, with the project compiled separate. I bet we could optimize each to minify even more significantly than standard code, and let it cache. I’d also like to see more work on loading projects in projects, similar to SWF Loader support
Happy to discuss more