Linker errors in Xcode for ios build

Hi.

I’ll preface this by saying I’m a bit of a Haxe/mac/ios noob… so if anyone can point me in the correct direction on this, it would be much appreciated.

Building for flash, windows, and mac was a breeze. I currently am working on building a project for ios on my mac.

I can build via the command “lime test ios -simulator” and it works just wonderfully, however when I open the Xcode project, and try to build, or run “lime update ios” I get some linker errors. I am currently on the latest builds of all the things haxe related (yet I got the same errors on the release builds)

ld: warning: ignoring file /Users/xxx/Desktop/xxx/export/ios/xxx/lib/x86_64/liblime.a, file was built for archive which is not the architecture being linked (x86_64): /Users/xxx/Desktop/xxx/export/ios/xxx/lib/x86_64/liblime.a
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "_lime_register_prims", referenced from:
      _main in Main.o
  "_zlib_register_prims", referenced from:
      _hxRunLibrary in libApplicationMain.a(3252ecf0_RunLibs.o)
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Would appreciate any insight or advice. Thanks.

Could you please try upgrading to Lime 2.0.3 (released today) and see if you have the same issue?

x86_64 from Xcode when targeting the simulator by default seems fairly new, I think it should be sorted out now

Make sure you also have the latest HXCPP lib (so just run haxelib upgrade)

Sure enough… that did it. Guess I should have tried to update just one more time… :smile:

Thanks!

I apologize, 2.0.2 should have done it, but there was an issue on the build server – it didn’t produce the correct libraries. Great to hear it’s working now. Hope it continues to be smooth sailing :wink: