"lime test windows" generates error ApplicationMain.exe : fatal error LNK1169: one or more multiply defined symbols found

I’ve been trying to get a template HaxeFlixel project working and I think I’ve installed and set everything up necessary correctly. But when I type “lime test windows” to compile the project this error appears:

“lime test neko” runs the project correctly but also gives the “haxe.Utf8 is deprecated. Use UnicodeString instead.” warnings.

Any ideas on what might be causing this and how I can fix it? Thank you

There’s no need to fix anything, those are just deprecation warnings and can safely be ignored. Basically, a new Lime release is needed, I think these warnings are fixed if you install Lime from GitHub. Other than that, you could define no-deprecation-warnings.

I see. The warnings and other problems I was having were fixed after uninstalling everything and installing it again. I guess I had done something wrong somewhere. Thank you and sorry for bothering you.

Oh, I had missed the second part of the output, I thought the question was just about the warnings. :slight_smile: But yeah, those should be unrelated to the errors.

Btw, doesn’t really make sense to me why the warnings would have disappeared after reinstalling things, maybe you picked a different Haxe version (3.4.7 instead of 4 rc.3)?