launchImage doesn't work for me on iOS

I’m updating an old openfl app I made to use the latest haxe and openfl and I got almost everything else working but now I’m running into issues on the xcode side. I’m noticing that the only launchImage that shows up is the one that doesn’t have any @ in its filename. Not sure if that has anything to do with it.

In project.xml:

<launchImage path="Icons/Default.png" width="320" height="480" />
<launchImage path="Icons/[email protected]" width="640" height="960" />
<launchImage path="Icons/[email protected]" width="750" height="1334" />

In the launchimage browser I only see the 1x image populated. And when I build I get:

.../Images.xcassets: warning: Missing Content: The file "[email protected]" for the image set "LaunchImage" does not exist.
.../Images.xcassets: warning: Missing Content: The file "[email protected]" for the image set "LaunchImage" does not exist.

I wonder if this is a change in Xcode

Can you try using file names without the @ to see if it behaves differently? This used to work? It might also be possible that it’s looking for additional sizes

It doesn’t work if I remove the @ in both the filename and the xml. It used to work where the filename didn’t even have to match. I just had a bunch of images with different specified sizes and they’d be set to the appropriate assets:

<launchImage path="Icons/launch320x480.png" width="320" height="480" if="ios" />
<launchImage path="Icons/launch480x320.png" width="480" height="320" if="ios" />
<launchImage path="Icons/launch640x960.png" width="640" height="960" if="ios" />
<launchImage path="Icons/launch960x640.png" width="960" height="640" if="ios" />
<launchImage path="Icons/launch640x1136.png" width="640" height="1136" if="ios" />

(and I realize the if="ios" is redundant now)

Hmm seems like the splash screen sizes changed?

EDIT: Oh! It was a Haxe formatter bug :flushed:

Oh interesting. Specifically the ones I see in the list in your comment all work. But if I click through to the source code on github, the additional sizes I see there but not in your quote for some reason don’t work. But if I manually copy the remaining files to that dir myself, it works. So I can have a script do this until the fix is in the haxelib version of lime:

cp Icons/[email protected] ./Export/ios/ZanyFaces/Images.xcassets/LaunchImage.launchimage/