Intermittent warning when compiling to android

Been getting this intermittent :
“C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,3,0/src/lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeCFFI.hx:1412: characters 23-141 : Function body required”

when compiling to target android. I also can’t seem to use any font except for default for some reason, but that may not be connected.

So this warning about Function body required comes from NativeCFFI.hx and I don’t know if it is going to come and haunt me further on or even if it has anything to do with the font problem I am having. The thing is it comes and goes.

Windows 10 machine using versions:
openfl 8.9.0
lime 7.3.0
hxcpp 4.0.8
and the zbar openfl extension from https://github.com/kevinresol/zbar

I tried the compile without zbar and it is also intermittently displaying that message on and off.

0 Likes

“Intermittent”? Meaning that sometimes compilation fails, and sometimes it succeeds?

Are you using latest Haxe 4 (rc.2), or an earlier version?

0 Likes

Sorry I wasn’t clear.
It’s the "“C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,3,0/src/lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeCFFI.hx:1412: characters 23-141 : Function body required” that is intermittent, it sometimes appears at compile, sometimes it doesn’t. It compiles every single time.

I am using Haxe 3.4.7.

0 Likes

That’s odd, because I’m pretty sure that’s a compiler error, not just a warning…

I’d suggest upgrading to Haxe 4.0.0-rc.2 and see if it still happens there.

0 Likes

@Gama11, is it easy to downgrade if something breaks elsewhere ?

0 Likes

Yes, you can basically just run the installer again and install over the previous installation. No need to reinstall / remove Haxelibs either.

Or you could even have two different Haxe installations in different directories and point VSCode to the appropriate version using the haxe.executable setting (assuming you’re using VSCode).

1 Like

Thanks @Gama11, I will try that. Just asking because I got some stuff in production and don’t want to get caught in an update lock.

0 Likes