Intermittent warning when compiling to android

Been getting this intermittent :
“C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,3,0/src/lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeCFFI.hx:1412: characters 23-141 : Function body required”

when compiling to target android. I also can’t seem to use any font except for default for some reason, but that may not be connected.

So this warning about Function body required comes from NativeCFFI.hx and I don’t know if it is going to come and haunt me further on or even if it has anything to do with the font problem I am having. The thing is it comes and goes.

Windows 10 machine using versions:
openfl 8.9.0
lime 7.3.0
hxcpp 4.0.8
and the zbar openfl extension from https://github.com/kevinresol/zbar

I tried the compile without zbar and it is also intermittently displaying that message on and off.

“Intermittent”? Meaning that sometimes compilation fails, and sometimes it succeeds?

Are you using latest Haxe 4 (rc.2), or an earlier version?

Sorry I wasn’t clear.
It’s the "“C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,3,0/src/lime/_internal/backend/native/NativeCFFI.hx:1412: characters 23-141 : Function body required” that is intermittent, it sometimes appears at compile, sometimes it doesn’t. It compiles every single time.

I am using Haxe 3.4.7.

That’s odd, because I’m pretty sure that’s a compiler error, not just a warning…

I’d suggest upgrading to Haxe 4.0.0-rc.2 and see if it still happens there.

@Gama11, is it easy to downgrade if something breaks elsewhere ?

Yes, you can basically just run the installer again and install over the previous installation. No need to reinstall / remove Haxelibs either.

Or you could even have two different Haxe installations in different directories and point VSCode to the appropriate version using the haxe.executable setting (assuming you’re using VSCode).

1 Like

Thanks @Gama11, I will try that. Just asking because I got some stuff in production and don’t want to get caught in an update lock.