I get an error in Type.hx with new updates

Hi,

I decided to update everything (haxe, lime, openfl, …), but I’m getting an error and am unable to compile to neko. When I compile from FlashDevelop, I get:

AL lib (EE) alc_cleanup: 1 device not closed

And when I compile with the Windows command, I get this:

I also tried to compile to Windows, but I got this:

Any idea why I’m unable to compile with the new updates?

Thank you!

It works again!

I don’t even remember why I put these in my project.xml:

<!-- optimize output -->
<haxeflag name="-dce full" />
<haxedef name="dom" />

When I remove the <haxeflag name="-dce full" />, I no longer have the error! :slight_smile:

DCE reduces your output file size by removing methods that seem not to be necessary. However, it can’t deal with reflection (the Type and Reflect classes), so it’s known to remove code that should be kept.

Solution:

1 Like

Grrr @ DCE again !

I’m getting the same error on a project that works fine on android when compiled with openfl 4.8.1, lime 3.7.4
Today trying to figure out why it fails on the latest version openfl 4.9.2 , lime 4.0.3 , and i see this thread ! The app crashing at the point of loading. - removing the haxeflag -dce full, and all is working. (although with an apk 20% larger) Same error occurs in Debug, as it does in Release -final .

E/HXCPP ( 9225): Called from ApplicationMain::main ApplicationMain.hx line 78
E/HXCPP ( 9225): Called from ApplicationMain::create ApplicationMain.hx line 110
E/HXCPP ( 9225): Called from lime.app._Event_Int_Void::dispatch lime/_macros/EventMacro.hx line 101
E/HXCPP ( 9225): Called from lime.app._Event_Dynamic_Void::dispatch lime/_macros/EventMacro.hx line 101
E/Exception( 9225): Null Function Pointer

The exact same error occurs when compiling “DisplayingABitmap” , with

<haxeflag name="-dce full" />

added to the project.xml