[HTML5] howler bug?

My only possible target is HTML5, so I can’t try other targets :neutral_face:

If someone is willing to change how the Lime HTML5AudioSource sets the pan position, or (more likely) the OpenFL SoundChannel code where it sets the soundTransform, Is really appreciate if someone finds a way to eliminate 1.) the distortion you are hearing or 2.) to make sure panning sounds right to you while using Howler

I really appreciate the help

In the middle of our mayhem we noticed that the howler bug is still there, do we still need to switch to the core version? I haven’t seen if there have been updates…

I don’t see fixes in here (we use 2.1.1)

Maybe there’s a pull request on the repo that helps fix it? Or you could try and use the latest version anyway to double check?

I updated to the latest Lime and the bugged howler is still there: the sound is filtered as if it was spatialized (it is less clear than it should), and now we also noticed that with a game that uses a bit more sounds there are increasing “clicks”.

The old solution of replacing howler.min.js with howler.core.js fixes the problem, but… why do we still have this problem?

The “core.min” version seems to fix the problems

Howler code is now included in the compiled JS, so to fix the sound you have to replace the code of howler.min.js with the code from howler.core.min.js in Lime folder (\src\lime\7,5,0\dependencies\howler.min.js).

Yes, this is what I usually do :wink:

Is it caused by the spatial plugin?

Do we need to feed it different values?

There’s also a memory leak fix in the dev version of Lime regarding how we release Howler.js instances