How to make Android App Bundle ( aab ) file from apk?

As for me, OpenFL now generates one .apk with armv7a and arm64 libs.
And I simply stopped uploading any x86 version.

Just Change This linedddd

I was able to upload multiple .apk files on Google Play Dev Console. One for 32 bit and One for 64 bit. The file sizes are decreased.
64-bit

>  <architecture name="arm64" />
>  <architecture exclude="armv7"/>

32-bit

> <architecture name="armv7"/>
> <architecture exclude="arm64"/>
1 Like

Hey, Iā€™m getting the same error noted above:

Error

This release is not compliant with the Google Play 64-bit requirement

The following APKs or App Bundles are available to 64-bit devices, but they only have 32-bit native code: 26.

Include 64-bit and 32-bit native code in your app. Use the Android App Bundle publishing format to automatically ensure that each device architecture receives only the native code it needs. This avoids increasing the overall size of your app. Learn More

This is with the following lines in my Project.xml (minus the spaces between < and architecture):

< architecture name=ā€œarm64ā€ if=ā€œandroidā€ />
< architecture exclude=ā€œarmv7ā€ if=ā€œandroidā€ />

Iā€™m using:

Lime Command-Line Tools (6.4.0)
OpenFL Command-Line Tools (8.2.2-LWWQ62)

Do you know whether Iā€™d need different versions of either of these? Something else in my Project.xml? Any other info that I can paste that would be useful?

You should upload two apk files at the same time using same versionNumber and different versionCode.

Thanks for the feedback. Iā€™ve got a more fundamental question, unfortunately.

In the lime/OpenFL setup, how do I change the versionCode? I searched through the files and I see references to versionCode and VERSION_CODE, but canā€™t see a place where itā€™s actually defined.

You shoud create your own manifest file
And add it to the project.xml. You can google for a basic Androidmanifest.xml file.
https://player03.com/2014/08/14/template-basics/

Thanks again. Iā€™m leaving that issue aside from now and am looking to get a build up on Google Play that ā€œjust worksā€ for beta testing ā€“ meaning that, say, Iā€™m fine with one huge bloated .apk if itā€™ll get listed and Iā€™ll optimize later. Iā€™m also fine with only supporting 64-bit devices for now.

As I understand it, the lib directory in the .apk contains, well, the different versions of the libraries.

But even in including this:

<architecture name="arm64" if="android" />

I end up with lib/armeabi in my .apk, which I understand is a 32-bit library. My understanding is that Iā€™d need to somehow include a arm64-v8a version instead. How can I go about that in the building process? Anything else I need in my Project.xml?

I believe this is incremented automatically with each build or can be manually overridden using <meta version="" />. I think you also can force it on the command-line using --meta-version=

Is <architecture name="x86_64" /> supported?

I believe it would be <architecture name="x64" />

I think the current Lime should be all set up to configure this architecture properly but whether it builds depends upon the HXCPP toolchainā€¦ it might not have been working fully last I tried?

EDIT: We do support ARM64 though and include it by default in Android builds, in-case thatā€™s what youā€™re looking for

Yeah, that was what i was looking for!
But when i used it, liblime-x86_64.so was missing. I had to hack Architecture.X64 into HXProject.hx for the lime rebuild to create it

Iā€™ve tried grabbing the latest lime and OpenFLā€“

Lime Command-Line Tools (7.7.0)
OpenFL Command-Line Tools (8.2.2-LpgCLS)

ā€“ but Iā€™m getting this:

Error: OpenFL 8.2.2 is not compatible with Lime 7.7.0 (version 6.4.* is required)

Is there some toolchain with versions of these that are compatible and that support arm64?

You can try adding -Ddisable-version-check to allow OpenFL 8.2 to build with Lime 7.7 (Iā€™m not sure if it would be compatible or not?) or changes from the Lime tools could be backported for an older release

No luck, unfortunately ā€“ doesnā€™t look like lime 7.7.0 and OpenFL 8.2.2-LphCLS are compatible. But from what I can tell, itā€™s due to something missing on the lime side that OpenFL now checks forā€¦?

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\haxelib run lime build ā€œproject.xmlā€ android -64 -Ddisable-version-check C:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/openfl/8,2,2/src/openfl/display/Stage.hx:7: characters 7-25 : Type not found : lime.app.Preloader

If I run through Stage.hx and simply comment out whatā€™s missing, it looks like there are three packages OpenFL canā€™t find:

lime.app.Preloader;
lime.graphics.Renderer;
lime.ui.Mouse in LimeMouse;

And then, of course, past that, other files break (e.g. DisplayObject.hx canā€™t find lime.graphics.utils.ImageCanvasUtil), which is to be expectedā€¦

Have you tried a newer OpenFL version with your app?

I thought I was using the latest but I wasnā€™t ā€“ .dev specified 8.2.2 and .current specified the latest (8.9.6), so I had to make sure I was using .current. Thanks for the catch.

With 8.9.6, it gets farther.

Link: libApplicationMain-v7.so
Error: Source path ā€œC:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/lime/7,7,0/ndll/Android/liblime-x86_64.soā€ does not exist

In that directory, I have a liblime-64.so among others, though. Iā€™m not sure why itā€™s trying to include an x86_64, since Iā€™ve specified

<architecture name="arm64" if="android" />

and the output seems to verify that itā€™s using armā€¦?:

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\haxelib run lime build ā€œproject.xmlā€ android -64
Creating C:/Users/greed/Documents/Temp/lst/builds/export-released/android/obj/obj/android-v7/__pch/haxe/hxcpp.h.gchā€¦

Compiling group: haxe
arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -Iinclude --sysroot=C:\Users\greed\AppData\Local\Android\ndk\android-ndk-r10e/platforms/android-16/arch-arm -IC:\Users\greed\AppData\Local\Android\ndk\android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/include -IC:\Users\greed\AppData\Local\Android\ndk\android-ndk-r10e/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.8/libs/armeabi/include -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS(haxe) -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=331(haxe) -IC:/HaxeToolkit/haxe/lib/hxcpp/4,0,64/include -Iinclude -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums -Wno-overflow -D_LINUX_STDDEF_H -Wno-psabi -DHXCPP_CPP11 -DHXCPP_ARMV7 -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=10000 -DANDROID=ANDROID -DHX_ANDROID -DHXCPP_ANDROID_PLATFORM=16 -Wa,ā€“noexecstack -O2 -DNDEBUG -c ā€¦ tags=[haxe,static]

• src/__ASSET__levels_dlc_5_tmx.cpp
  • src/openfl/system/SecurityDomain.cpp [haxe,release]

But the error leads me to this thread: Does openfl support 64-bit devices on Android?, though it also seems to deal with x86_64.

We donā€™t include x86_64 builds for Android in the Lime releases right now. Could someone using the dev version of Lime try lime rebuild android -64 and see if it works with the current version of HXCPP?

Works like a charm with hxcpp: [4.0.64]

In toying around, I think Iā€™ve got a better understanding of whatā€™s going on here:

From what I can tell, limeā€™s including -v7.so as it shouldā€¦ but itā€™s also trying to include -x86_64.so and it sounds like it shouldnā€™t be. Is my interpretation correct? Is that what it should be doing, or should we expect a different sort of behavior?

Iā€™m currently running through building the dev version of lime (branch ā€˜developā€™) and will try that as well when I can.