How to change the export to bin folder to something else?

Till now I used an Iframe tag to show the index.html inside the “bin” folder. But recently someone asked me to use the index.html as homepage of the website. But without using Iframe. Because for some people Iframe makes the website doubtful.

So I transferred all the files from the bin folder into the public_html folder. However I noticed that there are two more folders “obj” and “haxe” that will go to parent of “public_html”. It looked messy but I could not find any other right way. So I did that and things worked all fine.

But is there a way to sort out this situation. So that I don’t have to put the “obj” and “haxe” folder above public_html folder ?

PS: I searched some old posts here regarding customising the export folder, but it looked like a lot of work and code additions and changes. Just wondering if there is a simple way available in newer versions?

You can change the export folder but you can’t rename subfolders.
<app path="Export" />
So you will still have Export/html5/bin, Export/windows/bin…
I don’t think you can change the bin folder.

Anyway, you see the problem in the wrong way. You should copy the content of bin in your site but not obj nor haxe. You can do it manually (via ftp for example) or automatically (with github action for example).

But is there a way to sort out this situation. So that I don’t have to put the “obj” and “haxe” folder above public_html folder ?

Hum, so don’t copy it.

By the way now I am curious what are those folders “haxe” and “obj” meant for? Till now I thought they are some type of dependencies connecting files in bin folder. If that’s not the case what is their purpose?

haxe is the folder with .hxml file generated by openfl which is the file to be compiled by the haxe compiler. There is also the main entry class and the links to embedded assets.
Obj is the folder with pre-compiled files (if you target windows, you will have your c++ files there before to be compiled to .exe in bin folder).

Yes. I see that. But if everything can run fine without those two folders. Why they are generated?

Because like I said, it is needed to generate the bin folder :slight_smile:

1 Like