How to access Main class in Flash (SWF) target

When I generate SWF as my target haxe adds extra code to SWF that hides my main document class

Screen from decompiled SWF

and I want to be able to load that swf as content in my AIR app and communicate with my Main class via Interface.

How can I do that?

0 Likes

According to:

I believe you can add a define called “haxe-boot” (like <define name="haxe-boot" if="flash" /> to project.xml) to make the boot class called “haxe” instead of using the generated name. Perhaps this will help?

0 Likes

This will solve part of the problem, big thanks but how to call some public function from AIR that is inside Main class.

0 Likes

Can you use getDefinitionByName then reference it dynamically?

0 Likes

Yup, this works and also I can just iterate using getChildAt() BUT

and this is totally strage, when I use Loader class in AS3 when I create clean AS project in Animate CC and load haxe swf it is OK everything works fine but when I load haxe swf in FlashDevelop using same loader class I get strange error when I try to addChild(loder.content);

TypeError: Error #1006: hasField is not a function.
at lime.ui::Window()
at openfl.display::Window()
at openfl.display::Application/createWindow()
at lime._internal.backend.flash::FlashApplication()[C:\Development\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\lime\7,3,0\src\lime\_internal\backend\flash\FlashApplication.hx:25]
at lime.app::Application()
at openfl.display::Application()
at ApplicationMain$/create()[E:\dragongame\bin\flash\haxe\ApplicationMain.hx:31]
at ApplicationMain$/main()[E:\dragongame\bin\flash\haxe\ApplicationMain.hx:25]
at boot_b45e/init()[E:\NowaEra\dragongame\?:1]
at flash::Boot/start()
at flash::Boot/doInitDelay()
at flash.display::DisplayObjectContainer/addChild()
at flash.display::Stage/addChild()
at informatykaKlasa3.viewSection::ViewSectionGame/onLoadComplete()[E:\klasa3games\src\informatykaKlasa3\viewSection\ViewSectionGame.as:123]
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at com.greensock.loading.core::LoaderCore/_completeHandler()[E:\klasa3games\src\com\greensock\loading\core\LoaderCore.as:399]
at com.greensock.loading::SWFLoader/_completeHandler()[E:\klasa3games\src\com\greensock\loading\SWFLoader.as:748]

What can cause that?

0 Likes

Case solved beware of PNGEncoder2.swc it has problem with loaded haxe SWFs. It was present in project that load haxe swf resources created by me.

1 Like