I did some searching and tracked the error message to this line. It looks like that file is also running haxelib path lime but is unable to make sense of the output. It looks like it should be able to make sense of it, but somehow it can’t.
It would be nice to find the root cause, but I don’t feel up to it right now, so how about a workaround? Put this in your project.xml file:
I think you’re seeing the second error because it’s getting farther into the build process.
Looks like you’re compiling to Neko, and so it’s trying to copy the files in the templates/neko/hxml directory. But it can’t, for whatever reason. (That directory exists, right?)
This only causes a warning, so it continues. Later, it tries to access the copied files, and that’s when it crashes. I have no clue why it thinks “/” is an invalid character, but hopefully that will go away when you fix the previous things.
C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\lime\git\templates\neko\hxml exists and contains files.
I changed C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hxp\git\src\hxp\System.hx 453 line as you suggested but output did not change. I installed hxp through haxelib git hxp https://… and after it didnt work, I ran haxelib dev hxp hxp so it set Development directory set to C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hxp just in case, it didn’t work either.
I decided to change C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl\git\include.xml line 6 <set name="lime-version" value="7.1.1" unless="setup || disable-version-check" /> value to “git” as a workaround.
Thank you for your weekend time you spent trying to help me!
Warning: Could not find template file “neko/hxml” in the following locations:
Error: Could not process argument export/neko/haxe/debug.hxml (file not found)
invalid character: /
C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl\git\assets\templates does not contain neko template. I copied it from lime and got this:
export/neko/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:40: characters 3-20 : Type not found : ManifestResources
export/neko/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:133: characters 19-36 : Type not found : ManifestResources
export/neko/haxe/ApplicationMain.hx:139: characters 16-33 : Type not found : ManifestResources
I replaced 7.1.1 with git in C:\Users\kasim\Documents\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl\git\include.xml and it started working again. I’m ok with this band-aid. Just thought I could set it in compiletime with -D lime-version=git.