Haxe 3.3.0-rc1 Testing

Hi everyone,

OpenFL 4.1 and Lime 3.1 have been released, which both include workarounds for some issues we experienced with Haxe 3.3.0. We had expected that a follow-up release candidate (or final release) would have been released sooner, but in the meantime, we may have worked around the primary issues we saw.

Rather than updating our installer links (and pushing any Haxe 3.3 issues to newcomers), I ask that anyone interested help test our new releases against Haxe 3.3.0-rc1, and post here if you experience any problems.

Thank you!

I compiled a project using openfl 4.1 and Lime 3.1 for multiple targets. The flash target worked but the mac and html5 targets failed to function as expected:

Here’s the resulting error from the mac target:

And here’s the warning I got for the html5 target from chrome’s javascript console (rendering was simply not working, just a white screen):

Oh, I forgot – I have a dev version of HXCPP. I wonder if that resolved the errors I had previously seen using Haxe 3.3.0-rc1 on C++ targets.

Would you mind trying and see if using a dev version of HXCPP helps? We should have a recent build here:

http://www.openfl.org/builds/hxcpp/hxcpp-3.2.102-583-g5f29028.zip

You can download and run haxelib local hxcpp-3.2.102-583-g5f29028.zip to install

Interesting that HTML5 is failing that way. Does using -Dcanvas or -Ddom behave differently? Does it fail this way if you use a basic OpenFL sample project?

I’m using the dev version of hxcpp as well (pulled from git and built using neko).

I tried using -Dcanvas and -Ddom; didn’t get any warnings but I’m still left with a blank white screen.

Are you using Haxe 3.3 development builds, or the 3.3.0-rc1 release?

Haxe 3.3 dev builds (3.3.0-rc1 just breaks everything for me).

Tried the “DisplayingABitmap” sample project. It works for the swf and html5 targets but fails for the mac target with the same error.

My project makes extensive use of graphics draw commands so maybe that’s why it doesn’t render for the html5 target. But given that the mac target error is the same for my project and the sample “DisplayingABitmap” project there may be an issue related to hxcpp.

I have 3.3.0-rc1 is working here for me (with the patches I made to Lime and OpenFL), on all targets, but perhaps I’m not testing enough environments (like Mac vs PC)