External movies

Hi,
I want to rewrite my original AiR app to OpenFL (release as window app)
I can load and play external SWF when I’ve made a release as Flash app (even I can control that as MovieClip) but it doesn’t work if I change release to window app.
Second question - I need load (and control) external movies (in AiR it was in FLVs)
What will be best format for that movies(mov?) and is it easy to control (play, pause, seek etc) - and it must work in window app …

Thanks

Hi!

Does the external SWF have assets, sound, ActionScript? Based on how much of your application is located in the other SWF may mean different answers for what will work better :smile:

Currently, you can play video using either HTML5, or using Bink video (which does cost per platform).

I’m really interested in other video support, but I am afraid of licenses that either encourage users to (unknowingly) owe license cost to some holder, or to us.

1 Like

Ye he has.
And it has sometimes more then 16MB :frowning: Of course in some cases I can split that to two/three SWFs…
But I can live without that. I can use SWF just as libraries (with Movieclips) - Can I use more then one SWF library for project?
But the most important thing for me is how to play movies and sounds when I publish to windows platform…
I’ve found something like that - https://github.com/soywiz/haxe-openfl-ffmpeg