Error using -static

Building with: lime test windows -Dnext -static

Gives me this error.

Error: error running link.exe -out:Main.exe -nologo -machine:x86 -subsystem:windows,5.01 -libpath:lib user32.lib @obj/msvc16-stat-ncxp/all_objs C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hxcpp/3,2,102/lib/Windows/libstd.lib C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\hxcpp/3,2,102/lib/Windows/libregexp.lib C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\lime/2,4,5/ndll/Windows/liblime.lib gdi32.lib opengl32.lib user32.lib kernel32.lib advapi32.lib winmm.lib imm32.lib ole32.lib oleaut32.lib version.lib ws2_32.lib wldap32.lib shell32.lib comdlg32.lib libApplicationMain.lib

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Haxelib releases do not include static versions of Lime at the moment, if you want to do a -static build, you will need to clone Lime from the source, then in addition to lime rebuild windows you will want to also do lime rebuild windows -static

You cannot rebuild a haxelib release because it does not include all the source C++ files required to perform a rebuild

Sorry about the hassle, the file sizes are large when including these files. Perhaps if we distribute outside haxelib we could do larger download sizes

1 Like

I see. Well, will get back to it at another time then.

Thanks for the answer!

Why do you say not correct because I have tried lime rebuild windows -Dmingw than lime rebuild windows -static -Dmingw than it throws error:
enter link description here

I hate that like lair does bad I want know becasue if i type “lime rebuild windows” than it doesn’t show path to c++ / o files g++ or link … where are compiling lines? but “lime rebuild hxcpp windows” shows compiling lines yes… but not “lime rebuild windows” why not.? It sees like liable…