Error on running the SimpleSWFLayout project from openfl samples

I get an error or running the SimpleSWFLayout project, and the build halts in between.
Other sample like “DisplayingABitmap” run without any problem. So, the error should be related to syntax or missing plugin, i think. Here is the error description.

Running process: K:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Tools\fdbuild\fdbuild.exe “C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl-samples\1,3,0\SimpleSWFLayout\SimpleSWFLayout.hxproj” -ipc fdef40a0-27e9-4585-9e5f-cb95089978c9 -version “3.1.3” -compiler “C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe” -notrace -library “K:\Program Files (x86)\FlashDevelop\Library” -target "flash"
Building SimpleSWFLayout
haxelib run openfl build C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl-samples\1,3,0\SimpleSWFLayout\project.xml flash
Error: Class not found project.PlatformConfig
Build halted with errors (haxelib.exe).
Done(1)

Are all your libraries up-to-date, particularly Lime and SWF?

They seem to be up to date.

Two things:

1. The latest SWF library version is 1.7.6, it looks like haxelib update is not working quite properly on your system for some reason. You can also manually download packages from http://lib.haxe.org and run haxelib local path/to/downloaded.zip to install

2. You only need lime and openfl to use Lime and OpenFL, these projects no longer use multiple libraries for separate components. In order to ensure that nothing is getting tangled, you might remove lime-tools and if it breaks your lime command, run haxelib run openfl setup again to ensure you have a current lime or openfl command

1 Like

Ok, i removed the lime tools. And upgraded swf. Seems that error has gone.

However now there are new errors related to “layout” haxe library. Probably the example is not updated. But, i think, i can now proceed ahead from here .

Thanks for reply.

The sample should be updated in “openfl-samples”, but you’ll remove and recreate your copy if you created it before. Layout recently underwent some refactoring to support both a single global layout and separate instance-based layouts