Error on new install

using haxe on linux 64 device. lime test flash gives me the following error

/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/3,4,0/openfl/_internal/renderer/opengl/shaders2/Shader.hx:35: characters 8-36 : Type not found : RepeatMode

Am i missing something.

Haxelib list
polygonal-printf: [1.0.2-beta]
hxcpp: [3.2.193]
polygonal-gl: [1.0.4]
polygonal-core: [1.0.4]
tmx: [0.2.0]
polygonal-ui: [1.0.2]
lime-samples: [2.6.0]
polygonal-ds: [1.4.1]
lime: [2.7.0]
polygonal-motor: [0.2.0]
format: [3.2.1]
HaxePunk: [2.5.6]
openfl: [3.4.0]
actuate: [1.8.6]

Could you post the entire CallStack please from the error? It can be pinpointed easier to find out what’s causing it. For all we know, it could just be a simple conditional missing in one of the files in OpenFL.

I did see there is no file called RepeatMode.hx in flash.display which is refrenced in Shader.hx in github. is that expected?

Not 100 percent sure how to produce the call stack
lime test flash -debug -verbose produces this

• Running command: haxe -main ApplicationMain -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/tmx/0,2,0 -D tmx=0.2.0 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-gl/1,0,4 -D polygonal-gl=1.0.4 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-motor/0,2,0 -D polygonal-motor=0.2.0 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-core/1,0,4 -D polygonal-core=1.0.4 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-ds/1,4,1 -D polygonal-ds=1.4.1 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-printf/1,0,2-beta -D polygonal-printf=1.0.2-beta -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/polygonal-ui/1,0,2 -D polygonal-ui=1.0.2 -cp /usr/lib/haxe/lib/HaxePunk/2,5,6 -D HaxePunk=2.5.6 -cp /home/mybox/HaxeSource/lime -D lime=2.7.0 -cp /home/mybox/HaxeSource/openfl -D openfl=3.4.0 -cp Source -D native-trace -D openfl-next -D tools=2.7.0 -D flash-use-stage -D no-compilation -D openfl-flash -D fdb -D verbose=1 -D web -swf-lib Export/flash/obj/assets.swf -swf-version 11.2 -swf Export/flash/bin/Main.swf -cp Export/flash/haxe -debug
    /home/mybox/HaxeSource/openfl/openfl/_internal/renderer/opengl/shaders2/Shader.hx:35: characters 8-36 : Type not found : RepeatMode

Reverted back to changset 656c1b1 on DefaultShader.hx and Shader.hx alowed me to build on flash so i think changset b90022b added a new RepeatMode, but didn’t check in the class to git.

Linux native still gives me build errors becuase of the shaders but i think the changeset may be trying to fix it, so ideally i would like to get the RepeatMode.hx (or what ever file RepeatMode is in) and rebuild to see what results i get.

also, i think this may only be a problem for projects with bitmapfilters.

OpenFL typedef’s to flash.display.Shader at the bottom of the file if you target Flash or openfl_legacy, all other targets use the class directly. However, that’s actually not the problem.

The abstract RepeatMode sits inside the compiler conditional that excludes Flash. Whether this is a deliberate choice, I’m not sure.

For bugs like this, they should be posted here.

Although, I suspect the shaders are only designed for native, not Flash. So it’s not really a bug, just the fact that shaders are reliant on OpenGL (at least that’s what I’m thinking when I look at this further).

What version of Haxe do you have? What did you use to install?

3.2.1. got the binaries from haxe.org download. and followed similar method to copy the files to correct spot:
rm -f /usr/bin/haxe
cp haxe /usr/bin/haxe
rm -rf /usr/lib/haxe
mkdir /usr/lib/haxe
cp -r std /usr/lib/haxe
mkdir /usr/lib/haxe/lib
chmod 777 /usr/lib/haxe/lib
cp std/tools/haxelib/haxelib.sh /usr/bin/haxelib
chmod +x /usr/bin/haxelib

Oh, did you get Neko as well?

Please feel free to check out my Linux install script at http://www.openfl.org/download :slight_smile:

Neko is up to date and installed.

Looks like me editor auto added a reference to openfl._internal.renderer.opengl.shaders2.Shader. remove the reference allowed me to build.