Direct comparison of medium sized game Flash/AS3 vs. OpenFL/Haxe + Issues

Have you seen https://github.com/HaxeExtension/extension-iap? Do you think this would cover it?

Hi, very nice. Will check it!!! Thank you!

Hi,

I have some code based on “DisplayingABitmap”. It looks like the following.

package;

import openfl.display.Bitmap;
import openfl.display.Sprite;
import openfl.events.MouseEvent;
import openfl.filters.ColorMatrixFilter;
import openfl.Assets;

class Main extends Sprite {

static var PF_FILTER_BLACK_WHITE : ColorMatrixFilter = new ColorMatrixFilter([1 / 3, 1 / 3, 1 / 3, 0, 0, 1 / 3, 1 / 3, 1 / 3, 0, 0, 1 / 3, 1 / 3, 1 / 3, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0]);

private function onMouseOver(event: MouseEvent) {
		cast(getChildAt(0), Sprite).getChildAt(0).visible = !cast(getChildAt(0), Sprite).getChildAt(0).visible;
		cast(getChildAt(0), Sprite).getChildAt(1).visible = !cast(getChildAt(0), Sprite).getChildAt(1).visible;
	}

public function new () {
		super ();
		var bitmap1: Bitmap = new Bitmap (Assets.getBitmapData ("assets/openfl.png"));
		bitmap1.visible = true;
		var bitmap2: Bitmap = new Bitmap (Assets.getBitmapData ("assets/openfl.png"));
		bitmap2.visible = false;
		var bitmap3: Bitmap = new Bitmap (Assets.getBitmapData ("assets/openfl.png"));
		bitmap3.visible = true;
		var sprite: Sprite = new Sprite();
		sprite.buttonMode = true;
		sprite.addChild(bitmap1);
		sprite.addChild(bitmap2);
		sprite.addChild(bitmap3);
		sprite.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OVER, onMouseOver);
		sprite.addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onMouseOver);
		sprite.filters = [PF_FILTER_BLACK_WHITE];
		addChild(sprite);
		sprite.x = (stage.stageWidth - sprite.width) / 2;
		sprite.y = (stage.stageHeight - sprite.height) / 2;
	}

}

So sometimes the sprite disappears when hovering over it or leaving it with mouse pointer. On Safari/MacOSX it always disappears if switching to another application window or changing desktop and switching back after that. Or after opening/closing the console pane in the browser window.

I have a workaround for this in my code now. So I have no hurry. Thought you might be interested anyways.

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

I get compilation errors when trying to compile the sample application. Any hints?

Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ openfl build android
**Error:** **Could not find haxelib "extension-iap", does it need to be installed?**
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ haxelib install extension-iap
Downloading extension-iap-1,2,2.zip...
Download complete : 2153411 bytes in 1.1s (1847.4KB/s)
Installing extension-iap...
Current version is now 1.2.2
Done
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ openfl build android
/usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/extension-iap/1,2,2/extension/iap/android/IAP.hx:10: characters 7-23 : Type not found : openfl.utils.JNI
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ ls
README.md application.xml assets bin certificates openfl-readme.txt src
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ openfl build android application.xml
**Error:** **You must have a "project.xml" file or specify another valid project file when using the 'build' command**
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$ openfl build application.xml android
/usr/local/lib/haxe/lib/extension-iap/1,2,2/extension/iap/android/IAP.hx:10: characters 7-23 : Type not found : openfl.utils.JNI
Andreass-Air:sample andreas$

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

Ok. Fixed it by manually compile master branch and using install.sh.

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

Sorry about that,

You should be able to use haxelib dev extension-iap path/to/your/git/repository and lime rebuild extension-iap ios to rebuild the binaries

Hi,

short question. I can not get the example to work regarding payment. I can click a package to buy but then nothing happens. The console states:

I/trace   (13326): Store.hx:145: IAP: Available: true
I/trace   (13326): Store.hx:156: initFailed
I/trace   (13326): Store.hx:101: gold_x_1k
I/trace   (13326): Store.hx:382: PURCHASE WITHOUT IAP - productID: gold_x_1k

Which Android API level do I need to use? I have a FireOS tablet. Maybe its too outdated. Hmm. Which android version is required?

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

Ok. Seems like my tablet is to old as Google Pay was introduced in 2015/2016. My tablet is from 2014 if I remember right.

Update: Android 5 is required. My tablet has 4.x.

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

I haven’t tried this in a long time, but I think there is something you may need to do on your account to make sure that purchasable items are set up, then devices may need to run in a special sandbox in order for your demo items to be available to “buy.”

Also, I believe that Amazon devices lack Google Play Services, so purchasing there must be done using another API. I thought I heard of a company that added Amazon support to extension-iap, though, but didn’t contribute it back. I could try and hunt it down if you need it

Hi,

I will try to get a plain Android tablet. No need to support Amazon Fire tablets I guess. Would be nice still. But not required for now.

I will come back to you If I have problems with a ordinary Android tablet.

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas

Hi,

Regarding disappearing display object containers I have this bug at multiple places and there is one I know I cannot solve on my own.

Any help is highly appreciated. I also think that this bug is kind of new.

Many thanx and

Best regards
Andreas