Current status of AIR app deploy

Hi, is AIR deployment of apps still working for current versions (like the current Harman 50.2 one)? If so, how do I setup my environment to use it?

This page has the documentation for using the Adobe AIR target:

The main thing you need to get started is to tell Lime where to find your AIR SDK, which can be done with this command:

lime config AIR_SDK path/to/air_sdk

I can confirm that OpenFL definitely works with the latest AIR SDKs from Harman. Since I’ve joined the project, I’ve made a number of improvements for building AIR apps, and I plan to continue ensuring that it remains supported as long as possible.

3 Likes

Wow, these are great news! Thank you a lot!

Hi, I’m facing a strange problem while running the “lime deploy air” command. It seems my .p12 certificate is invalid. The message I receive is “not an X509 code-signing certificate”. I’ve checked the file and it is, indeed, being loaded (used a fake name on project.xml to ensure that). The password is also valid.

I created the certificate file using OpenSSL like I used to on “adobe days”, using this command:

openssl req -newkey rsa:2048 -nodes -keyout key.pem -x509 -days 365 -out certificate.pem

And then converted it to P12 using:

openssl pkcs12 -inkey key.pem -in certificate.pem -export -out certificate.p12

Am I doing something wrong?

How do you specify the certificate in your project.xml file?

I created a folder at the app one and included this on project.xml:

<certificate path="./certificate/certificate.p12" if="air"/>

I belive the packager is finding the file - if I change the certificate path to an invalid one, the error changes to something like “file not found”.

It’s been many years since I had to use openssl with a certificate. I had to buy a proper certificate from an authority for my apps a while back, so I just use that one for everything.

However, just yesterday, I noticed that the self-signed certificate that is included with OpenFL to make debugging easier expired. I created a new one with the adt tool by following these instructions:

https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118666ade46-7f74.html
https://help.adobe.com/en_US/air/build/WS901d38e593cd1bac1e63e3d128fc240122-7ffc.html

Maybe you can use that adt -certificate command instead of openssl and have better luck.

1 Like

Hey, it worked! Thank you a lot! Self-signed certificates will be enough for my purpose.

1 Like