I feel rather dumb not having said anything about this project here. StoryDev is my own engine written in Haxe and OpenFL. It is designed with a focus on direct programming.
The features are:
- Write Passages with multiple formatting options: regular, bold and/or italic.
- Code your passages to make dynamic and functional mechanics for your story.
- Customise the UI with colours, background and character images.
- Add sounds and play them easily.
- Use in-built functions to parse and stringify JSON data files to extend StoryDev easily.
- Extend the engine with your own functionality.
Images and download can be found on my website, as well as documentation and video tutorials.
Just a word of note: the only build target is “flash”. If you want to build to a platform other than Flash, command prompt will be required and to build the project from its folder, would be:
haxelib run openfl build project.xml [target]
target is the target platform, i.e. html5, ios, windows, neko, etc. Thank you for your interest in my project.