Class not found : flash.display3D.textures.VideoTexture (FlashDevelop)

Right now I’m having a problem getting a new OpenFL project to even compile in Flash Develop. I’ve updated all the libraries but I’m getting the error message below:

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl/4,0,0/externs/core/flash/flash/display3D/Context3D.hx:62: characters 54-123 : Class not found : flash.display3D.textures.VideoTexture

This file should be present in “C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\std\flash\display3D\textures”, is it missing?

Yeah, that wasn’t there so I’ve added it but it turns out that I’m just missing more stuff.

C:\HaxeToolkit\haxe\lib\openfl/4,0,0/externs/core/flash/flash/display3D/Context3D.hx:75: characters 54-125 : Class not found : flash.display3D.Context3DFillMode

So I guess I’ll just add the files where they are needed.

Sounds like you have a bad Haxe install. Can you try installing again? You should be able to run the Haxe installer over the top of your existing install without losing your haxelib directory (but use Haxe 3.2.1 still, there are problems with Haxe 3.3.0-rc1)

Yeah, I’ll look into that because it’s still not able to compile. I keep running into other problems soon as I fix another one.

The reinstalled worked! Thanks for the help!

1 Like