Can't Make xcode make fullscreen required from project.xml

When I build my openfl project in xcode, I get the following warning:

warning: A launch storyboard or xib must be provided unless the app requires full screen.

I can add UIRequiresFullScreen and set it to boolean and true to the .plist but of course that change gets blown away when I do openfl update project.xml ios if I make a change there. I thought I saw somewhere that this should do it:

<window fullscreen="true" if="ios" />

but that doesn’t seem to do it for me.

Do you think we should add it to the default template?

I follow these steps when trying to update our Xcode template:

1.) Run “update” to a create a new project

2.) Open it in Xcode. It will rearrange/change things as it wishes.

3.) Copy the project to a different folder

4.) Make the change required

5.) Use a “diff” tool and compare the new project to the copy made in step 3

6.) Take those few changes, and apply them to our template project files

Does this seem like something every project should have by default?

EDIT: Oh, just realized it’s in the plist. That’s simple to edit and doesn’t require opening Xcode to sort out.

I just noticed UIRequiresFullScreen disables “slide over” and “split view” on iOS. Does that seem right for OpenFL projects?

I don’t know if it would be right for all projects. It would be great to be able to specify whether you want it that way or not in the project.xml (does it make sense to have fullscreen=“true” mean that?) As it stands right now, you’ll get a warning in xcode saying that you need to either specify that it requires fullscreen (how I want it on my project) or add a xib specifying that it allows split-view. I think not doing at least one of those things could lead to app store rejection.

I know this is a little bit old but I’m having this problem. I’m using a custom template for iOS, and I added the flag because I get my .ipa rejected:
<key>UIRequiresFullScreen</key> <true/>

Thanks! Just added :slight_smile: