Can't build for Android with -release

I have an issue compiling for Android:

* What went wrong:
Execution failed for task ':app:lintVitalRelease'.
> No toolchains found in the NDK toolchains folder for ABI with prefix: mipsel-linux-android

* Try:
Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

I’ve gotten the newest SDK and NDK, all the right SDK dependencies, certificate node in my project.xml etc. I can compile for -debug just fine (and it launches on the device), but fails to build on -release.

I’ve tried looking for help on-line, but the general advice is to upgrade/downgrade SDK. Is there anything else I can do?

OK, I’ve been able to solve the problem thanks to this post: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/35128229/error-no-toolchains-found-in-the-ndk-toolchains-folder-for-abi-with-prefix-llv/38306459

Turns out that there are some toolchains that are available in the older version of the NDK that aren’t present in the new version (deprecated?). All I had to do is to download the older NDK (ver 17c) and copy the missing toolchain folders into my current NDK’s toolchains folder. That allowed me to make a successful build.

Took a while with all the different version downloading and checking out other things that turned out completely unrelated :slight_smile: Hope that helps anyone else stuck with the same problem!

1 Like