This was working before, but after I updated OpenFL, HaxeFlixel and Lime to the latest versions, it seems that any files that I reference from the assets folder aren’t found on iOS. Images aren’t loaded (except for the default HaxeFlixel image instead), and “file not found” errors appear. I tried with a basic template program and the problem persists. Also checked if the assets files are in the export folder, and the assets path in Project.xml. Any idea of what could be causing this?
Does this occur with OpenFL samples?
Yes, it seems that it does. The DisplayABitmap sample only shows a white screen.
BunnyMark crashes as soon as it’s launched with the following error:
Called from [Main.new](http://Main.new) (Main.hx line 52) Called from [DocumentClass.new](http://DocumentClass.new) (ApplicationMain.hx line 286) Null Object Reference libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type Dynamic
And, Pirate Pig crashes with a Null Object Reference error too:
Called from piratepig.PiratePigGame.newGame (piratepig/PiratePigGame.hx line 437)
Called from piratepig.PiratePigGame.new (piratepig/PiratePigGame.hx line 70)
Called from piratepig.PiratePig.initialize (piratepig/PiratePig.hx line 50)
Called from piratepig.PiratePig.new (piratepig/PiratePig.hx line 26)
Called from DocumentClass.new (ApplicationMain.hx line 286)
Null Object Reference
libc++abi.dylib: terminating with uncaught exception of type Dynamic
This is the same exception I get when trying to load a file in my game (in my case, I’m trying to initialize FireTongue and a message appears saying “Couldn’t load index.xml!”).
Today i managed to build for ios the first time. Went into the same issue, all assets with
embed="false" cannot be loaded. I get an error event like
Error loading file "compress/TP.png" Cannot load file: assets/assets/compress/TP.png
<assets path="assets/compress" rename="compress" include="*.png|*.jpg" embed="false" type="image" />
Works fine in html, windows, android.
This worked for me: https://github.com/openfl/lime/issues/1350
Awesome, it worked for me too. Thank you!
Here’s the fix:
defaultRootPath logic is no longer needed since the asset manifest root logic has been improved to work relative to the loaded JSON file