Cannot build for Android under Linux

Hi,

I tried to get started with Haxe and OpenFL (once again…)

I works mostly fine, but I can’t get the Android target working. Build stop with the following error:

Error: Error while running command
arm-linux-androideabi-g++ -I/home/hippo/projects/DisplayingABitmap/Export/android/obj/obj/android-v7/__pch/haxe -Iinclude --sysroot=/home/hippo/haxelib-android/ndk/platforms/android-9/arch-arm -I/home/hippo/haxelib-android/ndk/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/include -I/home/hippo/haxelib-android/ndk/sources/cxx-stl/gnu-libstdc++/4.9/libs/armeabi/include -DHXCPP_VISIT_ALLOCS -DHXCPP_API_LEVEL=331 -I/usr/local/haxe/lib/hxcpp/3,4,64/include -Iinclude -fpic -fvisibility=hidden -ffunction-sections -funwind-tables -fstack-protector -fno-short-enums "-D_LINUX_STDDEF_H " -Wno-psabi -DHXCPP_CPP11 -march=armv7-a -mfpu=vfpv3-d16 -mfloat-abi=softfp -fomit-frame-pointer -fexceptions -fno-strict-aliasing -finline-limit=10000 -DANDROID=ANDROID -DHX_ANDROID -DHXCPP_ANDROID_PLATFORM=9 -Wa,--noexecstack -O2 -DNDEBUG -c -x c++ -Wno-invalid-offsetof -frtti -std=c++11 ./src/sys/io/_Process/Stdin.cpp -o/home/hippo/projects/DisplayingABitmap/Export/android/obj/obj/android-v7/01b5b567_Stdin.obj

Assembler messages:
Fatal error: invalid -march= option: `armv7-a'

My setup is the following:

$ haxe -version
$ haxelib list
actuate: [1.8.7]
box2d: [1.2.3]
hxcpp: [3.4.64]
layout: [1.2.1]
lime-samples: [4.0.1]
lime: [5.3.0]
openfl-samples: [6.0.0]
openfl: [6.0.1]

I basically started with a clean system today.

Anyone else saw the same issue recently and has an idea how to fix this?

What version of the Android NDK do you have? In order to support current Android versions, I believe NDK r13b or newer is required.

The version in openfl setup is out-of-date, and I’m inclined to remove setup to prevent confusion

I had whatever openfl setup android downloaded.

After installing the newest versions that comes with the Android SDK manager everything works fine.

Thank you for the fast help.