Building with XCode 8 (iOS)

Hi!

I’m trying to compile my game for iOS using XCode 8. During the process of running ‘openfl build ios’, I get this error:

Check dependencies
Signing for "OpenFLDemoApp" requires a development team. Select a development team in the project editor.
Code signing is required for product type 'Application' in SDK 'iOS 10.0'

So if I go ahead and open XCode, then set up the required signing options, I get a build error about a missing library called lcrt during linking.

Is this because XCode 8 is very new and OpenFL doesn’t support it yet, or is there something I need to do to get that library added?

Thanks!

We’re working on this

In the meantime, try <config:ios deployment="8.0" /> in your project.xml (temporarily) to fix the crt issue

2 Likes

Awesome :slight_smile: I’ve actually downgraded to XCode 7 for now, but I imagine that solution will work a treat. I’ll try it for my next build. Thanks!

Is this still an issue that’s being worked on? Trying to build for iOS, and I am getting the same error. When testing on PiratePig, this is the output:

=== BUILD TARGET PiratePig OF PROJECT PiratePig WITH CONFIGURATION Release ===

Check dependencies
PiratePig requires a provisioning profile. Select a provisioning profile for the “Release” build configuration in the project editor.
Code signing is required for product type ‘Application’ in SDK ‘iOS 10.1’

** BUILD FAILED **

For my project I’m able to open the xCode project and manually select a provisioning profile, and then build from xCode, but that’s not a very tenable solution for development.

I found the blog post talking about < certificate team-id="" /> for project.xml, but when I add that, with my team-id, I get an xcode build failure:

2016-12-01 19:49:52.330 xcodebuild[37687:245989] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 203. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2016-12-01 19:49:52.331 xcodebuild[37687:245989] CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData(): Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary on line 203. Parsing will be abandoned. Break on _CFPropertyListMissingSemicolon to debug.
2016-12-01 19:49:52.331 xcodebuild[37687:245989] Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 “Unexpected character / at line 1” UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Unexpected character / at line 1, kCFPropertyListOldStyleParsingError=Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3840 “Missing ‘;’ on line 203” UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=Missing ‘;’ on line 203}}
xcodebuild: error: Unable to read project ‘PiratePig.xcodeproj’.
Reason: Project /Users/jared/haxe/PiratePig/Export/ios/release/PiratePig.xcodeproj cannot be opened because the project file cannot be parsed.

xcodebuild is at version 8.1, running on macOS Sierra. Any help is appreciated.

It looks like your Xcode project is corrupted, can you tell where it doesn’t like the file?

Are you using <certificate team-id="49FFEE97F" if="ios" /> (something like that) or does the value look different?

Ahh, I was using my team name instead of the ID. There’s a space in the team name which was causing the parsing error, but that was completely the wrong value anyway. Thanks for the help!

1 Like