Assests with .flare3dShader extension are ignored

Hey All - has anyone else seen this?

Going a little nuts, so I made a simple test:
https://github.com/dschreck/openfl_asset_load
to test:

openfl test html5

Boils down to any asset, if given the file extension “flare3dShader”, will be excluded from the DefaultAssetLibrary.hx output file on export.

Seems like a bug? Intended?

Edit:
With version:

lime: 2.9.0 2.9.1 [3.0.0]
openfl: 3.6.0 3.6.1 [4.0.0]

I took a quick look through the build code and didn’t spot anything that would cause this. I think it’s time to do some debugging of your own. Start by adding “trace(file)” before this line. While you’re add it, add “trace("accepted")” inside the if block.

Compile again, and check the output. This will give you a better idea of when the error happens. If it doesn’t trace “example_file.flare3dShader” at all, then for some reason it doesn’t notice the file even exists. If it traces “example_file.flare3dShader” but not “accepted,” then there’s something wrong with the filter. If it traces both, then there’s an error when copying.

One thing you’ll notice is that your files appear twice. That’s because you have two <asset /> tags when you only need one. I doubt this is the issue, but you might as well delete the redundant tag. (For the record, includeAssets() is recursive.)

Hey guys :slight_smile:

I figured it out – it was a little bug in our include/exclude logic. It wasn’t forcing an end-of-line at the end of the matching string, which meant that the default exclude *.fla filter was actually triggering on .flare3dShader

Who knew!

This is fixed in Lime now, and should go out today if all goes according to plan :shipit:

1 Like