Application crashes on Intel GMA 3150

Hi guys!

Trying to run windows build (of any application, for example BunnyMark) on netbook with Intel GMA 3150 graphics - and have application crush.

Adding <window allow-shaders="false" /> or <window hardware="false" /> to project.xml is not helps (as described here http://www.openfl.org/archive/community/bugs/nekowin-runtime-crash-when-adding-bitmap-stage-nme-356/)

Is there an actual solution to this issue?

Does using -Dnext make a difference?

Hi singmajesty,

Thanks for the reply. Found, tried - unfortunately it is not helps. Is there any other way?

And the question is after - is it possible to determine the type of graphics card and warn the user about the inability to start?

Ah, it doesn’t support OpenGL 2

Perhaps it would be possible to use ANGLE to get this working. That would use DirectX rather than OpenGL for rendering.

I think it would require a few extra files in the project output directory:

https://hg.libsdl.org/SDL/file/63c918e10bd7/docs/README-windows.md#l15

Also, we would need to rebuild Lime using #define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_ES2 1 in sdl_config_windows.h

Hi singmajesty,

Do I understand correctly that I have to add this line

#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_ES2 1 

to the OpenGL section of sdl_config_windows.h?

/* Enable OpenGL support */
#ifndef _WIN32_WCE
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL    1
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_WGL    1
#endif

Do I need at the same time remove/comment all other options from this section?

Try modifying lime/project/lib/sdl/include/configs/windows/SDL_config.h, I think we’re using that

Then lime rebuild windows -clean

Hi singmajesty,
Maybe I do not understand something, ask for additional detailed help.

I’ve update lime to 2.3.0
I’ve found a file with OpenGL paragraph (but it is placed not in the path that you specify) here:
haxe\lib\lime\2,3,0\legacy\project\include\SDL12\SDL_config_win32.h

After that I’ve changed file - instead of this strings

#ifndef _WIN32_WCE
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL    1
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_WGL    1
#endif

I’ve insert this code:

#ifndef _WIN32_WCE
#define SDL_VIDEO_OPENGL_ES2 1
#endif

Then when I’ve try to run

lime rebuild windows -clean

For a few seconds there was an empty cmd console - and it closes, nothing was happened.
Rebuild windows target of project has no changes with topic issue.
Path to the cl.exe is specified, haxelib update works fine etc.
What else I need to do to enable DirectX for lime?

@Extro you modified the legacy code (legacy\project instead of project) therefor you need to rebuild the legacy ndll lime rebuild windows -clean -Dlegacy and compile in legacy mode lime test windows -Dlegacy.

But you should modify the non legacy code, and for that you need a git version of lime and not a haxelib one. https://github.com/openfl/lime#building-from-source

Thanks ibilon,
Will try to do as you say :slight_smile:
The situation is complicated by the fact that my project (game which is almost completed) uses haxeflixel, and I do not know, uses it legacy or not.

Unfortunately also won’t work…

Looks like rebuilding don’t work at all with a haxelib version, need a github one.

And on the other hand - is it possible to know that the game has started on the adapter that does not support OpenGL 2.0 - and simply display a window with attention message about this, or simply close the game without displaying crush window?