Hxscout works but not displaying anything

Hi, I’ve just installed Hxscout & hxtelemetry lib and ran a test project using -Dtelemetry in the prebuild to try but it isn’t displaying anything. It doesn’t crash but I can only see the time going. In the test project I have 2 movieclips from a .swf file and add them to the the root’s displaylist. Openfl 8.2.2 Lime 6.4 Haxe 3.4.7.
My project.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- output -->
<app main="Main" file="TestOpenfl" path="bin" />

<window background="#000000" fps="60" />
<window width="800" height="480" unless="mobile" />
<window orientation="landscape" vsync="false" antialiasing="0" if="cpp" />

<!-- classpath, haxe libs -->
<source path="src" />
<haxelib name="openfl" />

<icon path="assets/openfl.svg" />
<library name="ForestCharacters" path="assets/ForestCharacters.swf" preload="true" />
In the image below's what Hxscout's display looks like. I did some search on the net but haven't found a similar case most of which are about crashes, any ideas what's wrong or missing?

i remember that adobe scout had issues connecting/getting telemetry to flash content in some browsers (chrome?). perhaps try multiple browsers, see if this might be the issue?

Is this a C++ application? Did this previously work?

@Karg I’m using Hxscout not adobe scout, @singmajesty I tried on neko, flash,air & c++ targets none gave any results and this is the first time I use it.

Hi, I think you just need to add the hxtelemetry lib to your project.xml :

<haxelib name="hxtelemetry" if="cpp" />

I also use this to enable it :

<!--telemetry for hxScout-->
<haxedef name="telemetry" if="cpp" />
<!-- for mobile and distant devices -->
<!--<config:hxtelemetry host="192.168.1.100" allocations="true" />-->

It works for me this way, except it crashes when using Starling last time I tried :slight_smile:

Actually, that shouldn’t be needed - OpenFL already includes the hxtelemetry haxelib if telemetry is defined:

In my experience, you really only need -Dtelemetry.

I tried again and it worked only for windows/c++ target, figured I forgot to add the -Dtelemetry for that one but for neko it just displays like in the screenshot and for the flash & html5 targets it doesn’t send any data/doesn’t connect to hxscout at all. So does the current version of hxscout only work of c++ target atm?

Oh nice, didn’t know that ! My bad

@EagleNebula there is a dedicated page for SWF profiling ( https://hxscout.com/swf.html ), aside from that it’s meant for c++ target if I understand correctly

Yeah I’ve already read the swf page so if I can get that to work guess I’ll be targeting flash whenever I need to track performance and yeah guess it’s meant for c++ thanks for clearing it to me ^^