Sprites and shapes

So, I’m drawing lots of shapes to a graphics context. These shapes need to be mixed with sprite images, mostly because the shapes may overlap or be behind a shape depending on pseudo z value. Now, I can draw individual sprites, fine. However, if I mix shapes (with beginFill etc.) and sprites, drawTiles goes ballistic and draws the entire sprite sheet, rather than a region of. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks,
Lee

Read the October development update, where it talks “Tilemap”, if you have not already :smile:

For now, I would recommend separate Graphics instances, if you want to use drawTiles, or want to use other vector-based operations (like lines, fills, etc). These are currently likely to be incompatible :confused:

EDIT: I see now that you have read the blog post, open to ideas here :slight_smile:

Yeah, the problem is that the world is built on fills, and the sprites need to exist between fills. There are a LOT of fills, too, so doing this as ordered containers won’t work. Is there a reason why the bitmaps and fills would be incompatible?

Thanks,
Lee

Argh, it’s not going to work, unfortunately. I guess I’ll need to either write this elsewhere or add the functionality myself to cpp / html5 :-S