[SOLVED] You cannot access the sys package while targeting flash (for sys.io.Process)

Hey,

I’m trying to compile a basic test project for flash using Haxe + Haxeflixel. The html5 and native (neko and cpp) targets work fine, but when compiling for flash I get some errors relating to accessing the sys package.

$ lime test flash
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/_v2/Lib.hx:14: characters 7-21 : You cannot access the sys package while targeting flash (for sys.io.Process)
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/Lib.hx:217: characters 0-13 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/_v2/utils/ByteArray.hx:22: characters 7-17 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/utils/ByteArray.hx:7: characters 0-19 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/_v2/Assets.hx:15: characters 7-29 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/openfl/2,2,8/openfl/Assets.hx:1391: characters 0-16 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/system/FlxAssets.hx:14: characters 7-20 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/util/loaders/CachedGraphics.hx:5: characters 7-30 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/system/layer/DrawStackItem.hx:3: characters 7-41 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/FlxCamera.hx:10: characters 7-40 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/group/FlxGroup.hx:4: characters 7-23 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/FlxObject.hx:5: characters 7-28 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/util/FlxSort.hx:3: characters 7-23 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/group/FlxTypedGroup.hx:7: characters 7-26 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/FlxBasic.hx:4: characters 7-33 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/FlxG.hx:8: characters 7-22 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/system/FlxSplash.hx:9: characters 7-18 :     referenced here
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/flixel/3,3,8/flixel/FlxGame.hx:14: characters 7-30 :     referenced here
source/Main.hx:8: characters 7-21 :     referenced here

Is this an OpenFL issue, or one of the other components in the stack? It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction towards getting compilation working for this target. I am totally new to this stack and still trying to navigate though it. Thanks

Someone else mentionned an issue like this [SOLVED] Lime.text.Font should be flash.text.Font

What version of lime do you have? If 2.3.0 you need openfl 3.0.0-beta.3

Yeah you’re right, I was running lime 2.3.0. Running haxelib set openfl 3.0.0-beta.3 fixed this issue for me, thanks.