[SOLVED]Running openFL error on mac

greetings all,

new users and first time poster. so…HELLO :wink:
ive known about openFL for a while, but now actually diving into it. rather not pay unity for asoftware but put it towards something better. like cocaine and badgers spoon :wink: or cock and cake. either way, not spending that money on unity :wink:

anyhow.
i have just done a fresh install of haxe - lastest 3.20 and the lastest install of openFL, which is 3.0.4 in my console. but on running, using sublime text and the very nice HAXE plugin, i am running into problems building actually anything. neko, html5, c++ etc. everything.

here is my screenshot of my output of openFL and all the rest and showing what i am running also. i do also change the build in sublime to what it needs to be. i have played with openFL for a minute before i done a clean install of my computer. but now its not working, and ive done the same type of install

thanks to anyone who can help

ohh and if anyone is wonduring about my either poor spelling or my poor wordis? its because i have disslecai so am not not always on the ball with that, but my coding is good :wink:

also just tried running the openfl setup as well and it popped up with this. saw this actually first time round but then just used sudo and tried again

I’m getting his same thing and other issues. The error seems to change every time I try cleaning the build / typing “lime update ios” in the terminal. Here’s one example:

new-host:ThinkNowReal B$ haxelib update lime
lime is up to date
new-host:ThinkNowReal B$ lime update ios
neko(41686,0x7fff7183a310) malloc: *** error for object 0x1001088e8: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
__

I’m also sometimes getting a “_val_is_buffer” linker error.

All this happened after I updated.

hmmm. well what happened when i very first used HAXE/OPENFL is that i had the previous build on of HAXE - was it 3.1.2? or something. just yesterday

that was working fine, then done the update, and that also did work fine. so when i done this clean install i have just done the 3.2.0 install of HAXE. but dont know why its not working.

maybe could be the update, that i needed the older version as well. but that wouldnt make any sense really

thanks

3.2.0-r2 fixes that problem, but now openfl doesn’t seem to recognize SystemPath anymore.

im still getting the same problem as before, even with that minor update

but as my output shows, it seems like a command line output from HAXE itself, plus lime. but i didnt have these problems yesterday. plus the only thing i have not installed is flixel, which i dont want anyhow

Huh, weird. I’ve updated everything, installed the r2 version of haxe 3.2, fixed the legacy code in SystemPath, and it almost works.

I’m just getting this now:

/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/usr/bin/make failed with exit code 2

(okay, I’m semi-hijacking this thread by turning into a general “error on mac” thread)

It seems like the XCode Simulator doesn’t work anymore; when I tried the command line build I was told to upgrade to XCode 6.

thats fine making it into a ‘ERROR ON MAC’ post :wink: its all good

i have posted the issue in lime github and openFL to say. hopefully it gets looked at because im just a bit stumped to say the least

Hey guys,

I just tried a fresh haxelib install of OpenFL and Lime, and it worked here on my Mac test system.

Do lime and openfl work if you run them from the terminal? (with no other arguments)

What about openfl create DisplayingABitmap then openfl test DisplayingABitmap neko?

If that test command fails, try openfl test DisplayingABitmap neko -nocffi, does that work?

Hi all, I’m having the same issue with building on Mac after updating to OpenFL 3.0.4.

@singmajesty I tried what you just said, and nothing worked. Results:

$ openfl test piratepig mac
Called from ? line 1
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 1359
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 25
Called from a C function
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 126
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 579
Called from lime/project/PlatformTarget.hx line 70
Called from lime/tools/platforms/MacPlatform.hx line 313
Called from lime/tools/helpers/IconHelper.hx line 154
Uncaught exception - Invalid field access : length

$ openfl test piratepig neko
Called from ? line 1
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 1359
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 25
Called from a C function
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 126
Called from CommandLineTools.hx line 579
Called from lime/project/PlatformTarget.hx line 70
Called from lime/tools/platforms/MacPlatform.hx line 313
Called from lime/tools/helpers/IconHelper.hx line 154
Uncaught exception - Invalid field access : length

$ openfl test piratepig neko -nocffi
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,4,0/lime/utils/ByteArray.hx:388: characters 9-18 : Unknown identifier : getDouble
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,4,0/lime/utils/ByteArray.hx:416: characters 9-17 : Unknown identifier : getFloat
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,4,0/lime/utils/ByteArray.hx:783: characters 2-11 : Unknown identifier : setDouble
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,4,0/lime/utils/ByteArray.hx:811: characters 2-10 : Unknown identifier : setFloat
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/lime/2,4,0/lime/text/Font.hx:19: characters 2-11 : Build failure

My libs:
actuate: [1.8.4]
box2d: [1.2.3]
haxelib_client: [3.2.0-rc.3]
hxcpp: [3.2.94]
layout: [1.2.0]
lime-samples: [2.3.0]
lime: [2.4.0]
openfl-samples: [2.2.2]
openfl: [3.0.4]
swf: [1.8.7]
tilelayer: [0.2.0]

Could it have anything to do with this problem? I get it each time I run haxelib selfupdate:

Error compiling haxelib client: /usr/lib/haxe/lib/haxelib_client/3,2,0-rc,3/src/tools/haxelib/SemVer.hx:52: characters 7-17 : Not enough arguments
/usr/lib/haxe/lib/haxelib_client/3,2,0-rc,3/src/tools/haxelib/SemVer.hx:52: characters 7-17 : Function ‘get_data’ requires arguments : this

lime, openfl and haxe work with no arguments

i did get a reply from the lime issue page here

Could you please try downloading this file?

http://www.openfl.org/builds/lime/lime-2.4.0-6-g837aa96.zip

When it is done, run haxelib local lime-2.4.0-6-g837aa96.zip to install it

I think there was a bad build from the build server for this release, in my testing, I believe this has it resolved :slight_smile:

aye will try that one instead. will let you know

EDIT

BOOOOOOOOOM BALLS THAT WORKED!!!

took a while, but happy. plus have a lovely clean as white sheets computer to use HAXE/OPENFL on :wink:

Worked for me too :slight_smile: :thumbsup:

Thanks for testing, new versions of Lime and OpenFL are now up on haxelib. Sorry for the problem! I need to remember to do clean builds before a release :cry:

1 Like